Sign in to follow this  
Doubletrouble

c-111 engine mount plate

Doubletrouble

I got the recently aquired c-111 running. This motor is mounted on a motor plate which is in turn mounted to the frame via rubber bushings or motor mounts. Thing is, the engine seems to jump around alot. To the point that you can hardly get a screw driver on the carb adjustment screws. Is this normal? Would it be a good idea to somehow solid mount the engine or is there a way to stiffin up the mounts?

Indy w h

Check your 4 rubbers for wear like cracks,tears and un-normal looseness. There

is a thread on here about replacing the rubbers. It's not that hard to do if there

wore out.

Indy

Doubletrouble

I tried searching but couldn't find a thread about them. Thanks for the input though. Any idea what those rubbers may cost? and where to buy them?

Kelly

The rubber mounts can be had from Toro, about $20 each.

Kelly

I thought the C-111 was briggs powered?? and those were mounted to a soild mount???? Just checking.

perry

I thought the C-111 was briggs powered?? and those were mounted to a soild mount???? Just checking.

my C-111 had a briggs with rubber mounts.

rmaynard

Here's the thread Indy was referring too.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...hl=rubber+mount

For the Briggs, it's a 106434. However, Toro has one universal number now for all isolation mounts in the C-series whether Briggs or Kohler, 108309. $17.10 each from Mowpart.com

Bob

Doubletrouble

Thanks everyone for the replies and the link rmaynard. I've given it some thought, being on a tight budget and all. I fixed a motor mount on my car (front wheel drive dodge neon) using windsheild urethane sealer. I filled the front mount with this stuff and it made the mount a little stiffer than original but it has worker great. It's been in there for over a year now and no signs of failing. I wonder if this can be applied in this use as well. I'll have to pull one of the mounts off the tractor to look at it more closely. If it will work I will be sure to post again to let you all know what I find.

rjr

I just ordered 8 of them. I was pleased to find that they had no minimum order. $10 for 8 of them and postage. Hard to beat.

Kelly

Where did you order them from???? 8 for $10 I need to buy some.

C-Series14

Where did you order them from???? 8 for $10 I need to buy some.

Me too! I was going to get them for my restore but they were $20 a piece....

tunahead72

I know this is an old thread, but did this question get resolved somehow?

Did the windshield sealer idea work?

Can you really get 8 of these mounts for $10, and do they work well, or do you have to pay the $20 apiece that Toro and the other regular sources want?

I'm thinking about replacing the ones on my C-105, so I'm just wondering....

Thanks!

gwest_ca

Seems to me someone posted once upon a time that John Deere had a suitable replacement that wasn't making the company all that rich.

Garry