Sign in to follow this  
RED-85-Z51

ugh, why couldnt this site have been around...

RED-85-Z51

6 years ago???

Back when all we had was the yahoogroup and all the drama that went with it?

See this forum has it all...Various WH specific discussion sections, a "non-wh" discussion area, an Off-Topic discussion area...and other stuff.

Tommy

aka "RED"

aka gostate99

TT

:thumbs: , Red!

I can't agree with you more about Yahoo! :D

This place is like a big campground..... pick a fire & have a seat. When that fire dies out, just slip over and check out another fire. All of the campers here seem to be happy, so you can't go wrong! :thumbs:

Suburban 550

Best forum I have ever seen. Very well organized and everybody is really helpful in answering questions that you may have. Proud to be a part of it.

T-Mo

Hey, Red. :thumbs: I'm glad you found us. I see your posts all the time over on MTF. Did you ever get those free Wheel Horses (or was it one) that you mentioned last week on MTF.

I'm glad to have you aboard and please :thumbs: BTW, your avatar is just as scary here as it is on MTF. :D

Jim_M

Tommy,

You'll like it here, great bunch of guys. I've belonged to the Yahoo group for a long time. I think I've only posted once or twice over there.

One word of caution.... I can manage to get off topic, even in the off topic areas of the forum.

Jim

nylyon

why couldnt this site have been around... 6 years ago???

Welcome to RedSquare Tommy. The guy who started this, whchris, would have only been 12 or 13 years old 6 years ago and wasn't allowed to go on the computer too long :thumbs:

Anyway, glad to have you here! :thumbs:

perry

Welcome to RedSquare Tommy. The guy who started this, whchris, would have only been 12 or 13 years old 6 years ago and wasn't allowed to go on the computer too long :thumbs:

Anyway, glad to have you here! :thumbs:

chris is that young :D .

doing a great job, you guys run a exellent site.

combatmp29r

chris is that young :thumbs: .

Perry, yep was talking to him on chat the iother night, said he is 20 right now :thumbs:

Rollerman

See this forum has it all...Various WH specific discussion sections, a "non-wh" discussion area, an Off-Topic discussion area...and other stuff.

Tommy welcome to Red Square & I think everyone shares the same view as yours on some of the Yahoo groups. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

:thumbs: Red! It's all the people who contribute to the site as well as discussions that are making this board what it is! Our "other" sections like our photo galleries and :thumbs: areas keep it well rounded. I think our photo galleries are really becoming almost a library of great and useful visual identification tools. Special thanks to whchris for keeping it running long enough to catch on, and to Karl and the moderators who keep it in line on a daily basis!

Good to see ya here Red.

nylyon

Camp RedSquare, you may be on to something here TT.....

TT

Camp RedSquare, you may be on to something here TT.....

Here's how I picture it:

Sparky

HAHAHAHA!! Thats the best part about this internet thingy....it keeps us all a safe distance from one another on bean night :thumbs: .

Mike.........

hoosier

Red, Welcome. I agree with all that above. I've lurked around alot of sites and never got the urge to join. Here is different, a no brainer. These guys know their stuff, and are not uppity about sharing. I take this opportunity to thank everyone. Jim

whchris

yea that crazy kid that started this site is only 19 by not even a month yet

RED-85-Z51

Thanks for the Welcome guys!

I remember my first WH liek it was yesterday...also the same day I found the WH yahoo group.

I felt welcome at first but I unfortunately quickly found that no one on that site could take a joke (AT ALL). Ive always felt like it was my antics that caused the "great split". Happened somewhere around 2004. But I know it was just a bunch of crap that had been building to a head...and my little joke set it off.

Nothing like having a member Email you asking you to just go die...no Im not kidding.

I left that forum and got into Green Machines...the WFM forum was much kinder and open to other brand discussions...in other words posting a CC in the Green section wouldnt make em all go NAZI on you! Then I got my WH 416, and then the C-105...I had to find a place to go...so it was MTF for me.

----

As for the B series I mention on MTF...The man actually called me at work today and told me to come get it this saturday, or it was going to the dump... :thumbs:

-------

I got into WH's when I was 16...and Im 21 now. The 702 was my first attempt at a restoration. All I had was a frame/trans, dash and hood...with the 32" deck. I tracked down a Kohler K181S, all the missing tins, and some goodies..and to this day I can go out there and use it if need be. It pulls like a Freight Train!

The 310-8 was my first total engine overhaul. New piston/rings 0.030 over, New Rod, new governor cross shaft, new seals ans gaskets, valves lapped, carb overhauled...The M10S still runs smooth.

The C-105 is going to be my long term project...has factory electric lift on it. Im going to pluck out the smooth 10hp Kohler, and drop on a Kohler K532QS Twin...got the engine already, jsut needs an overhaul. The C has the 8 speed, 8 pinion, 1 1/8" axel transmission...bulletproof!

This new "roundhood" is going to be a econo-resto. Ill clean it up, strip it all (there is literally no rust on this tractor, I think it is all original paint) and put on a new OHV engine or something small. Just to pull a cart or something.

The B-series basket case im getting this weekend...Lord only knows. He says it has a complete hydro rear end, that worked.

Ive yet to bring the unidentified 1962 model WH home from work...but it's nearly 100% complete, got everything except the belt guard. It even has a pristine seat with the back still on it. Im thinking of getting a Kohler CS6S and putting it on there..6hp is plenty...and MODS are always an option.... :thumbs:

Stigian

Cheers for filling us in on your WH history Red :thumbs:

Glad you found redSquare, its a great, helpful, and very friendly place to be :thumbs: :D