Sign in to follow this  
dscott2000

Clinton engine

dscott2000

Me and a friend went junking yesterday and I found this little beauty. It was covered in mud, ants, and all around yuck! I spent about 6 hours working on it since it had. Seized piston, valves, and points. But, after a little work. It runs now!!

90d4df40.jpg

I mounted it to an old pressure washer frame just to get it running.

8db09dd8.jpg

Here is the ID plate. I really cant make out the model number very good. But, if someone knows.. Please let me know.

VinsRJ

Over tha last year or so I've converted from Kohlers to Clintons. Parts are a little harder to come by, but they are a great motor.

The first two letters of the model number should be VS (verticle shaft). I've got one of those motors and it runs great.

Get in touch with Charlie (Vender Section)... he and his father are :D with Clintons.

dscott2000

Over tha last year or so I've converted from Kohlers to Clintons. Parts are a little harder to come by, but they are a great motor.

The first two letters of the model number should be VS (verticle shaft). I've got one of those motors and it runs great.

Get in touch with Charlie (Vender Section)... he and his father are :D with Clintons.

During the short time I had it running. It sounded pretty good. It didnt run out very long since the points may be wet with oil or, dirty. I dont really know. I havent really worked with anything with points since my K181s Kohler. So, I dont really know how to work with them.