Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Electro 12 Hydro lift

KB9LOR

As some of you know, I bought this tractor Electro 12 w/Hydraulic lift a year or so ago, and it had no power on hills or even a slight incline, well I was moving the herd around to get at my other WH mower, and noticed that if I held up the hydraulic lift handle, I had POWER what the heck? and here I thought the hydro tranny was bad, so does this mean it really is a good tranny with a hydo lift valve problem? any ideas?

Thanks,

BTW- This only works when you have the hydraulic lift valve in the up position.

WheelHorse_of_course

Hmm,

I am no expert, but I wonder if there could be a problem with one of the check valves. It would be worth it to remove each one and at least make sure the spring is not broken.

good luck

:USA: :D

KB9LOR

Hmm,

I am no expert, but I wonder if there could be a problem with one of the check valves. It would be worth it to remove each one and at least make sure the spring is not broken.

good luck

:USA::D

And where are the check valves? I lost my manuals had a hard drive crash over the weekend and lost all of my WH stuff.

Also the hydraulic lift leaks down also, meaning I can park it with the deck up or mow with it up and it will "bleed" down, and I have to raise it back up, any ideas?

WheelHorse_of_course

Any chance it the ("d'oh) tow valve is open? I made this mistake once because they don't all have the same valve.

:D

KB9LOR

Any chance it the ("d'oh) tow valve is open? I made this mistake once because they don't all have the same valve.

:D

Nope checked that, I think I found the problem, have a leaking hose on the hyd valve on the lift, now to identify which one so I can get a replacement, I do know it is the one on the back of the hydro unit and not the top hose. So I figure the hydro system being a closed system, the leak is causing both the drift down

(on the deck) and the tranny no go on incline problem.

rickv1957

I would not think a small drip type leak should make a big differance in the hydo operation as discribed,Rick

KB9LOR

I would not think a small drip type leak should make a big differance in the hydo operation as discribed,Rick

Rick, I do not know what else it could be, I think the hose going into the far end of the lift cylinder is leaking too, so it will be replaced also.

HankB

I recall seeing somewhere an instruction that there was a bypass or pressure relief that had to be used if an external connection was made to power a hydraulic lift. I cannot recall if that was on an Eaton or Sundstrand. But it seems to me that if that valve was malfunctioning, it could cause pressure to bypass the drive. Perhaps when the cylinder is operated, it diverts pressure from the bypass to the cylinder and when that has moved full stroke, the remaining pressure is available to the drive (without being lost to the bypass.)

Maybe that's what the check valves do.

KB9LOR

Dunno Hankb, but going to replace those hoses, got to find another parts manual, being mywheelhorse cannot post those manuals anymore, if TORO did make him take it down, I won't be buying anything from them again, period!

WheelHorse_of_course

If you go to the toro site and enter your model number and look for manuals one of the manuals listed will be the Sundstrand technical manual in pdf form.

It covers, among many things, the check valves. They are in the main pump housing and screw in.

I wonder if an air leak in the return hose could cause the pump to cavitate. In any case, have a look at the troubleshooting info in that manual

Best of luck

:D :USA:

HankB

Dunno Hankb, but going to replace those hoses, got to find another parts manual, being mywheelhorse cannot post those manuals anymore, if TORO did make him take it down, I won't be buying anything from them again, period!

Go to https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm and enter your model number and None for the serial number. The model number for my son's '69 electro 12 is 1-7245. Search and you will find helpful manuals that Toro provides free of charge. The transmission manual is 69 pages and has troubleshooting flowcharts.

I can't speak to the situation with mywheelhorse because I know nothing about it. I am pretty pleased that Toro makes manuals available for products manufactured by another company over ten years before they bought them.

Good luck resolving the problem with your electro 12. If you decide to dump it, let me know. The one I thought my son was helping me buy ... he decided he liked it and is going to keep it himself!

-hank

KB9LOR

Thanks Guys! It is staying in the herd, Either way it is going to be fixed,I think it is the leaky hose causing the problem, as a closed system with a leak it is no longer a closed system, heading to the Toro site to figure out the hose part numbers so I can get them replaced, and to troubleshoot, thanks again!

BTW Anyone have a part number for the Hydraulic lines on the lift, the one that comes from under the seat from the back of the pump.

rickv1957

It may be possible that implement lift valve spring is broken,Rick

KB9LOR

It may be possible that implement lift valve spring is broken,Rick

Could be ricky, going to go through it all once I get the new hoses, just in case nothing is wrong internally and I can put it back together, but if it is something internal, I will have a head start on the rest of the parts.

rickv1957

10-4,if you need any help just holler! :D Rick

KB9LOR

10-4,if you need any help just holler! :D Rick

Thanks Ricky! Sure will give a yell when I need help.:USA: