Sign in to follow this  
Doubletrouble

c-111 11hp briggs flooding

Doubletrouble

Ok, got her running today but there is gas leaking out of the intake. Is this due to a bad float valve and seat? Also, the engine #'s are as follows: 252417-0198-01. I can't seem to find anything using these numbers. The closest I could find has -99 at the end. Same engiine?? Thanks for the help.....Bill

TT

The "-99" suffix means that the parts list covers all type number 0198-01 to 0198-XX engines.

It does sound like you might have some dirt in the float needle/seat area. Make sure you remove the main jet nozzle before attempting to separate the carb "halves" - you can do some damage if you force it apart.

Doubletrouble

I have pulled it apart once to clean it and did noticed some hard deposits in the carb inlet. I tried to clean it out as good as possible but the seat itself was in the way. Does the seat just press in, is it something I can remove for a good cleaning so I can get a wire brush or something in there or will a good carb soak remove the deposits? Other than the engine no ideling right due to the flooding it seems to run pretty good. Thanks for the info. TT

TT

It's been a while, but I used to use muriatic acid to clean the brass jets. It seemed to make the green crusty dried on fuel varnish disappear rather well. :D

I'm 99.9% positive that the needle & seat "repair kit" for the two-piece Flo-Jet carb (for engines with a fuel pump) is P/N 394683.

I haven't messed with these since the days of my GT-1100/1142 tractors, but I do remember that you have to use either a self-tapping screw or a tap & a bolt (depending on which type of seat) to extract the seat. (they're pressed in)

If you don't have - or have access to - a B&S manual, check your local library. (hopefully you have one of those :USA: )

Doubletrouble

Thanks again guys. MikesRJ I went to that site before, they have the operators manual but not much in the way of repair. I'm gonna go out there and tinker with it again and see what I come up with.