Sign in to follow this  
Confused99

Sold the Raider....Sad day but.....

Confused99

I unfortunately had to sell the Raider today. I did keep the deck, attachement hookups, and PTO setup as he is only using it to pull a trailer plus it helped him on the price. Anyway, he didn't have a trailer so I offered to haul it over to his house. After we unloaded it and put it in his garage we started talking and I noticed an small engine sitting on the floor. I asked about it and he said his neighbor gave it to him before he passed and was told it was from the 30's?? I made an offer and we negotiated a little and next thing you know I was loading it up. It appears to be a Lauson Model RSC. I really know nothing about it but thought it was pretty cool looking. I even got the manual and parts list with it. The only thing wrong/missing is the fuel bowl so if anyone can point me in the right direction for that I would appreciate it. Let me know what you think and what you might know about it.

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

Jason

Indy w h

Nice looking original lauson!!! The glass sediment bowl is the same as the ones

on the WH round hoods. If ya can't find one I might have a extra one.

Indy

Confused99

Nice looking original lauson!!! The glass sediment bowl is the same as the ones

on the WH round hoods. If ya can't find one I might have a extra one.

Indy

Interesting, yes, I would be interested if you had an extra to sell. I don't believe the wire keeper is there either unless it mounts another way?

Jason

Indy w h

Is the screen still there and the bowl gasket?? Or do ya need them too??

Indy

VinsRJ

Wow! Very nice. The original muffler even looks good. :D

Jim_M

I have a couple of those sediment bowls, complete, if you need one let me know.

rickv1957

Very nice find there!! :USA::D Rick

Confused99

Thanks again guys, I will check it out tomorrow and see what I need.

Jason

Confused99

So, in a very odd twist to this story, my wife and my best friend got together and started doing some digging. They both knew I was very bummed that I sold the Raider and decided to call the guy I sold it to and see if he would sell it back. As it turns out, he would :ychain: ....only one problem <_< . Since I dropped it off, he decided to put new tires on it :wh: . It had a nice set of WH logoed tires on it. To add to that, he ended up pulling the axle shaft out of the trans somehow also :D . I am not sure what else had been done to it. I am going to pick it up this afternoon and will post a report with pictures. I am actually very excited to get it back and also looking forward to getting it back up and running. My wife and friend said I can't ever sell it again :USA::D

Jason

rickv1957

Jason,you are lucky to get the Raider back!,Rick

Confused99

I completely agree and also feel bad for the guy I sold it to but after he broke the axle he really wasn't sure what he was going to do with it. Guess I will get my first "inside the trans" experience :D