Sign in to follow this  
hcminis

Raider 10 & 6-6211 Blower Help w/ Pictures & Video

hcminis

Well, I have exhausted all efforts to find the literature. Know I am just not typing the right number in but can someone please help?

Recently got a Raider 10 that has a number below the steering wheel that is 577809. That is the only number there with the exception of the motor which has a m/n HH100-1150958 and a s/n 9057 08211. Would like to have the manuals for the tractor. This is a real nice tractor and hope to have it forever. Believe it is a 10 H.P. but not 100% certain.

Also, recently purchased a snow blower, tire chains, and W.H. weights for $150.00 and the all are in real nice shape. Found the belt routing on the main page (thanks T-Mo) My concern is will this blower fit the Raider 10 (pretty sure it will)? and will it have enough power to run the blower? Was told it would fit and be fine but wanted to hear from the experts. Did find the 6-6212 literature but can't find the 6-6211.

So, now I'm a proud owner of 4 Horses. Two running and two not.

Thank you in advance.

D. J.

EDIT

Well, added this here so everyone didn't have to scroll down to view.

The blower lives.....

HankB

Recently got a Raider 10 that has a number below the steering wheel that is 577809.

Hi D. J.,

You can go to this page and enter Raider 10 and search will give you all model numbers for the tractor.

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?...es&xCaller=Toro

None look like what you listed, but perhaps this will help you figure out what is the model number. I think you are looking in the right place (below the dash.) With the correct number you can search at

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/sendreq.cfm

For any manuals that Toro has available. (I think you can use None for the serial #)

You may find additional manuals at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals/

Where you will find an interchange chart (AA WH Interchange 1955-2000) that should help determine if the blower will fit.

HTH,

hank

chesbaycruiser

Based on the Engine Model #, it seems you could have one of the following:

1968 Raider 9

1968 Charger 9

1969 Charger 10

1970 Raider 10

I'm betting the engine serial # will nail it down. If I get a moment I'll poke around a little bit more....

chesbaycruiser

Also, for the record....I think the engine number is HH100-115095B. (The last character is a "B", not an "8".)

hcminis

Hank, tried those links and still nothing. I must be doing something wrong or the numbers are really screwed up.

Chesbay, thank you for correcting me. Yes, that is suppose to be a "B"

As mentioned, almost positive the blower will work on the Raider 10. Just haven't been able to get the time and remove the deck to try attaching the blower.

Really like this tractor because it is similar to what I grew up using. Only difference is the one I used was the electronic deck. Still a great tractor. Will get some pics this evening if I get back from my son's baseball game. Another reason I don't have any time.....3 kids....gotta love em.

Thanks again guys. You all ROCK!

D. J.

dewayne@hcmtoys.com

gwest_ca

Your tractor is likely a model 1-6041 that Toro thinks is a 1970 model but it is a 1969. You can download the manual from

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Enter the 1-6041 model number and type the word none in the serial # box. Do not use the 577809 serial number you have.

The 6-6211 is the basic unit that required a completeing kit. The operator manual for it is in the Files of

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals7/

The 6-9111 completeing kit is also there.

Garry

rickv1957

:wh: :D:USA: Rick

hcminis

Garry, thank you sir....the info is greatly appreciated. Was able to get the Raider 10 manuals fine and now just need accepted to the Yahoo Group. How/where is the number 1-6041 located?

Was able to get mower deck removed this evening. Have the blower somewhat mounted. Still need to figure out the lift arm and the belt. Hopefully the 6-9111 is already there because if not then I'm out $150.00. That will really suck because it looks really cool so far.

Hope to get some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help....never would have typed the right numbers.

D. J.

gwest_ca

Assuming you got the 577809 serial number from the ID plate on the hoodstand the line above the serial number should have the 1-6041 number stamped into it.

Garry

MikesRJ

Two PM's sent to you, hcminis.

hcminis

Mike

Received both PM's. Thank you so much.

Was accepted to the yahoo group and found the manuals for the 6-6211 and the 6-9111. Have everything but still not sure how to hook the lift bar to the tractor. Have to do some more research.

Pictures to follow when they are loaded.

Thanks again to all for the help.

D. J.

hcminis

Here are some pictures I snapped real quick before heading to work this morning. Thank you again for all the help.

My main problem right now is the lift bar. Do not think it is correct.

DSC02431.jpg

DSC02434.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02438.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

hcminis

Well, after doing some more research. Looks like I need a flag type piece that goes in the end of the lift bar. Don't know if this is correct but from what pictures I have seen this bar doesn't seem correct. There is a L bolt with a hole for pin along with a threaded piece that goes inside the bracket that is on the end of the lift rod.

Furthermore, can't find any pictures of a Raider 10 with this hood decals. So, who knows what I have or don't have.

Again, many thanks to all and hope I can get a resolution to this tractor and blower.

D. J.

MikesRJ

You are correct, both completing kits for this Snow Thrower (6-6211) have the "flag" style lift bar.

Also a side note: the thrower drive belt is not routed correctly in your pictures. Check the snow thrower manual for proper routing.

hcminis

Yup, already saw the belt was wrong. Thanks.

Now, do I call the local W.H. dealer that sold me the blower which almost guaranteed that everything was there and would fit with no problems? Kind of disappointed to spend money and it not work as told.

Can fabricate a flag but have no idea of the dimensions for it. What to do, what to do.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

D. J.

hcminis

Just got off the phone with Mike (mikesrj) and he is one of the nicest guys you could talk to. Thanks to Mike, he is sending me the specs/dimensions for the flag so I can build one. Have access to a laser machine to cut steel and will get the flag cut and bent then have it welded to the rod stock to create the flag needed to complete this blower.

Can't thank all the R.S. guys enough for the help. Really great bunch of people and awesome knowledge.

D. J.

dewayne@hcmtoys.com

HankB

Now, do I call the local W.H. dealer that sold me the blower which almost guaranteed that everything was there and would fit with no problems? Kind of disappointed to spend money and it not work as told.

I would not hesitate to contact him and ask. They could have simply overlooked it. At worst, he might offer to sell one at a discount. (Well worst would be straight retail...)

At the very least I think it behooves you to find out what it would cost for him to supply one vs. time, effort and materials to make your own. OTOH, if you make your own, go ahead and make several as it seems that the flags are frequently separated from the blower. :D

MikesRJ

Pics and drawings sent.

EDIT: Thought I'd add the drawing here:

LiftBarDrawing.png

hcminis

Mike

Received the pics and drawing and forwarded it to the laser cutter. Hope to have the flag and flat piece for rod cut this week and welded this weekend. Hope to have it on and at least working by next week. In the meantime will try to get the blower running within the next couple days. Don't need the lift bar and flag for that.

That is the plan, however, wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, mowing, blah blah blah..... Plans get changed by the minute....lol

Thanks again Mike for the help and time.

D. J.

hcminis

Boy, don't I look stupid. I completely missed that post.

Sorry guys.......

Did a search for many different names and numbers and none came back with this post.

Again, sorry for the troubles. Would have saved Mike a lot of time.

Thanks

D. J.

TT

It was easy to find stuff on the forum when that was posted.......

now you almost need a GPS unit just to find the main page! :wh:

Edit: Did you actually try the home-made lift rod :D ?

I can't believe someone would have built it and included it with the thrower if it didn't actually work. :USA:

rickv1957

Good looking Raider there!,Rick

hcminis

Yup she lives. Hope to get the lift arm and flag built next week.

Thanks again to Mike for all the help and everyone else for the links and info.