Sign in to follow this  
JimD

Trying to help a couple friends with HH100.

JimD

Hi guys, I have a couple friends needing help with an HH 100 Tecumseh. This engine is on a Raider 10, about a 68 model we think. I don't have the numbers, (long story). Jerry is a machinist i used to work with, and he has checked this engine out and determined that it will need over sized valves . Does anyone here have a source for these? It was already bored to .010 over at some point, and they are thinking about boring it again to .020 over, but the problem is the the valve guides are not replaceable, so they will need over sized valves. Any and all replies welcome! Thanks.

MikesRJ

... it will need over sized valves ...

You mean over-sized piston don't you? Valve guides can be replaced, seats re-cut or replaced, and valves replaced. Bores can be cut over-sized and +.010/20/30 pistons and rings installed, or even crank journals cut down .010/20 and matching under-sized connecting rod installed. But never an over sized valve outside of racing engines.

EDIT: You changed your post while I was lambasting you ... tsk, tsk.

I don;t know much about Teckies but can't the existing guides be bored out and custom cut guides installed?

linen beige

... it will need over sized valves ...
But never an over sized valve outside of racing engines.

I don;t know much about Teckies but can't the existing guides be bored out and custom cut guides installed?

I believe he means valves with oversized STEMS. Ie.

http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

These are covered about mid point of page 90.

JimD

Linen is correct, I was talking about over sized stems. The way Jerry explained it to me was that the seats are part of the casting and can be reamed out to the next size stem, which would be 11/32.

Mike, I didn't change my post, if you look you won't see any editing there, but yu can lambaste me anyway... :D

JimD

So nobody knows where ya can buy the oversize stem valves? :D

MikesRJ

Links sent, as I sheepishly stand corrected.

JimD

Thanks much Mike. :D