Sign in to follow this  
72morph

D160 hydro motor brake?

72morph

When I put on the new hydro motor unit on my D160 it had a brake drum on the end of the shaft.My original did not.You guys know what model this came from?What would it take to make it work?The d160 Automatic had no such mechanism ,this would be a more positive brake if I knew what I needed and how it hooked up.Thanks

rickv1957

The 78 and newer Ds had the brake band on the drive motor instead of the park pawl,Rick

stevebo

Rick is correct that the 73 auto 18-the 76 D's had a parking pawl (DON'T USE THE PAWL) I learned the hard way by shearing a key in the gear a few weeks ago after a complete rebuild. The newer D' s went to the brake drum.

72morph

Of course the next question is what would it take to convert it over to the new system?Is it possible?There must be bracket for the band and some sort of linkage to the brake pedal I guess?

rickv1957

Yes there is a linkage from pedal to band also the linkage for park brake,be nice to find someone with a parts tractor so you could get everything,Rick

72morph

Anyone got pictures of this arrangement for the brakes?I can fab about any thing in my shop.

stevebo

I have the correct one for you tractor if you are interested send me a pm.