Sign in to follow this  
mj701

my first one

mj701

Im new to the Wheelhorse community and this is my first. A 1961 701. I plan on restoring it for my 5yr old son. Its in great shape and after a points adjustment and carb cleaning, it runs great.

100_3361-1.jpg

100_3362.jpg

100_3364.jpg

VinsRJ

Your son is going to get a super machine!

:omg:

:D sharp tractor. this is a good hobby for you and your son. the 701 is one of my favorites. i missed out on on about a week ago :omg: . oh well, i have more projects than i can count. good luck with your tractor. these are good people on here that can help with pretty much any question. jimmy

rmaynard

This goes without saying, if you are fixing it up for a 5 year old, please make sure you find a generator belt cover.

Other than that, I think it's a great little tractor.

Bob

buckeye

be prepared to double the restoration time. teaching my 5 yr. old has been an interesting endeavor. nice 701 :omg: Welcome to RS

dclarke

:omg: nice looking 701. been working on one of those for a while now. you'll find the guys on this forum VERY helpful. good luck and remember :D

WHRNaddict

Welcome! Great looking tractor! That K161 is a good engine, the 701 has some special history w/ it.

Raider12

:omg: :D

Duff

Really nice, striaght tractor! Your son will be getting a real gem!

:D

Duff :omg:

mavfreak

rickv1957

Hello and :omg: Looks like a great tractor to restore!,Rick

wheel horse 1045

Roger from southern Iowa

A great tractor to work with!

Your son is a fortunate young man.

Horse'n Around

Awesome tractor! I got my first Wheel Horse from my Dad also, He gave it to me in 2000 when I was 37 ,actually he said that he was going to leave it to me I worked on it all the time for him just because I loved (still do) my Dad, this little tractor was just so cool I couldnt keep my hands off of it. Its a mix up of parts but it started life as a 502 and the previous owner put a K181 in it and did a lot of mods to it. Dad passed away in 2002, Im working on getting it all straightened out and fixed up. Its another wonderfull tie that I share with my dad ,working on it its defineately a labor of Love . Your son is never going to forget the time you spend together on it.

Sorry It is not my intention to hijack this thread, I just wanted to share that I too got muy first WH from my Dad, now im addicted, I also have a 702 Im working on too , and I want to collect more of them if I can ever fiind any here in Az, everntually were moving to PA so I should be able to do something about getting my Wheel Horse fix there :omg:

Every time I look Dads tractor I think of him, I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world!!!

Heres a pic of my Dad giving my son JJ a ride on the WH..... my son is 24 now. Dad was the greatest ever, I was blessed with not only him but my son JJ too!

John

DadandJJ.jpg