Sign in to follow this  
BritHorse

Wheel Horse 227-5

BritHorse

Hi from the UK. This is my first post on this great site.

I have recently become a proud Wheel Horse 227-5 owner! I want to use it as a working machine, mainly for mowing grass and towing a small trailer for various other gardening jobs.

I don't know much about the machine, except that I'm already a fan!

Can anyone tell me anything more about this Wheel Horse model. From your list of models from 1984-Present and photos, it looks like it was built around 1989 ??? The I/D number under the seat is E217K502 45423. Does anyone know if this would be a UK-spec or European-spec machine, or are they all the same for every country?

Everything seems to work OK except the foot-brake/parking brake. The linkage rod under the chassis frame is not securely fixed to anything and is only held in position by a small spring. I can't work out where it should be fixed, as I don't have a manual. So my next question is, where can I get a manual. Can I download one from anywhere, do you know?

Thanks again for the great site.

Duff

:D

Glad to have another member from across the pond. We have quite a few of your countrymen among us!

If you go to this link and enter the number E2-17K502 (the dash is significant), you can access illustrated parts lists for your tractor. It is a 1989.

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

I don't know if your machine is UK/Europe specific. Someone with more knowledge than I will come along to comment on this, I'm sure.

As to your brake linkage issue, from a quick look at the IPL it appears it may have become disconnected from the trunnion. I don't know anything about the vertical-shaft machines, so again I hope another member chimes in here.

Cheers!

Duff :omg:

wh500special

I don't know if your machine is UK/Europe specific...

Yep. That

mavfreak

:omg:

rickv1957

Hello and :omg: Rick

KeithB

:omg:

BritHorse

Many thanks for the information and welcomes. The link to Toro site is great and I found my tractor first time! The comments re: 200 Series seems to be right - it is mentioned in the product specification. Also, yes, it has the Kawasaki engine. As soon as I work out how to attach photos, I'll post some of my tractor. I think my photo files must be too big. Will keep trying.

Thanks again everyone!

stevasaurus

:D :D There is a link for posting pictures on the home page or under tractors. Basically, join "photobucket.com"...upload them to a file...save the file...highlight the picture...a box appears on the left with different ways to post the photo...left click the IMG line and then right click and copy. Go to your post on Red Square and by the cursor in the box right click and hit copy. You will not see the photo until you post...what you see is the path for the photo back to photobucket.

Hope that helps. :omg: