Sign in to follow this  
chesbaycruiser

Deck Weight?

chesbaycruiser

Hello all,

Wonder if anyone has had to figure this out ahead of me?

I'm shopping around for a deck for my 312 project. I don't have to have it right now, but finding a decent one close to me that is not (apparently) made out of solid gold is tough. So I'm considering buying one off of ebay, etc and having it shipped.

I'm hoping to find a 48", 42" or 37" RD or SD. Anyone know the aproximate weight of these units, that I can provide to a shipping company to determine costs before I bid/purchase?

:omg:

Thanks in advance,

Chris

tarcoleo

Haven't weighed my 42" and 48" decks, but I'm GUESSING around 100 to 125 lbs.

A mule drive? -15 lbs.?

Tom in RI

Shuboxlover

I sold a 42" SD on eBay about 3 months ago. I said I would ship it, but the guy picked it up. With the crate it weighed ~ 140lbs. (which is 10lbs under the max weight for FedEx shipping, which by the way was going to be about $130)

rickv1957

I shipped a 48" deck from Mo to Pa for 120.00 using U-Ship a while back,Rick

JoeMonag

I have a 48"deck that came off of a 416-8, I have it listed on Craigs list Boston. It is in excellent condition, no rust thru, or holes. Baffles and spindles are in good condition. All wheels and rollers are in good shape.I have it lsited for $275.00. Includes mule and belts, and original operator manual. Will need a set of blades, canbe bought for under $30.00 on

e-bay. If interested, e-mail me JoeMonag@aol.com

Joe in Norton, MA

chesbaycruiser

Thanks one and all for the info...very helpful.

Joe, checked out your craigslit ad, but I'm hoping I can find one close enough to pick-up at a reasonalble price. I just missed a nice 40" deck right down the road, listed (very briefly) on CL for $99!

A day late and a dollar short...that's my credo!

Thanks again,

Chris

<_<

mowerman1193

I don't know what they weigh but just thought I would bring up a point..I have a rear discharge deck that I took the baffles out of and bought a mulch kit for it..that thing seems like it weighs about twice of what it did before I converted it to the mulching deck..

Kevin