Sign in to follow this  
PetesPonies

would this mower deck be correct . . .

CasualObserver

Yes. should fit just fine. You have the foot PTO pedal on the right side, right?

PetesPonies

I don't have anything as of yet, not even a tractor :thumbs:) But I'm trying to put together a "unit" :thumbs:)

TT

I'll stick my nose in here and add that the side covers are missing on that deck. They are probably one of the hardest things to find for this style of deck. (In good condition - and not welded to the deck shell)

There is also the option of pull-behind "gang" reel mowers - which can be tough to find, regardless of the brand. (new ones are still available, but expensive)

PetesPonies

Thanks Terry. I'm still swimming upstream big time :thumbs:) :thumbs:

I'm guessing with any rear mounted attachment, having a 3 point hitch and lift is benficial if not necessary. What I want to do with this tractor is mowing a field, drag with a flat blade to pick up debris and running a box for leveling.

Having a mowing dech of some sort behind the tractor seems to make some sense because my other attachments would absolutely need to be behind. So it would lend for a clean look on the trcator and just hook up everythinmg behind. Then again, having abelly mower mid mounted would leave the mowing capability while have an attachment on the back. Does any of this make sense to you? Any ideas for me?

Buzz

Pete, I don't want to put a damper on your idea, but I think you're asking too much from a 702. You might want to find one of the bigger C or D series tractors. Using a 702 to do all that would be like asking one of your older 289 engined Mustangs to pull a 35' travel trailer over the Rockies. That's my two cents worth, and might not be worth even that much.

PetesPonies

I do understand it won't be like having a large tractor. I will be purchasing a large Ford tractor in the future. I just want a little Wheel Horse ( I have always liked them ) to so some work while I'm working on the property I have bought. I'm not ready for the full size tractor as of yet. As far as the other Wheel Horses you mention . . if I don't like the way they look, they don't mean much to me :imstupid: I like the old style. I have a John Deere Lawn tractor I could buy acessories for . . but I want an old Horse :thumbs:

Buzz

I understand completely, love the old round hoods myself. I just didn't want you to be dissapointed. Have you tried to find an 854? My all time favorite.....

PetesPonies

other than 1 more HP, what would be the differences?? Is it a bigger frame as well?

CasualObserver

None, but if you're going to be into heavy mowing or pulling, you might as well go for the extra horse if you can find it. JMHO :thumbs: