Sign in to follow this  
firemart

Things I Need For My C120: HELP?

rusted and busted

the points may just need a little cleaning ,they like to corrode up when not used,gently spread contacts and use the finest grit sand paper you have,insert paper in points and let them close upon paper,then gently pull through a few times,this will normally clean enothe to function.hope this helps save a little green

WheelHorse_of_course

I got the belt number, and ordered an OEM Toro, and the stuff missing from my PTO-the pins and what-not, and the OEM air filter for $59 including shipping form Jack's.

How soon will it get here?

Today, I'm picking up points and condenser from NAPA, and a battery from Advance for $30. I may order a seat (approx. $49 before shipping) , too.

That only leaves the tires/wheels, and any cosmetics. So far, I'm out $140 if I get the seat, battery, and stuff from NAPA.

Not too bad, since the tractor isn't cost me a dime, right?

Yup, you are doing fine.

Try turning the deck by hand top make sure it is not frozen up.

20 Years from now you'll be glad you made the investment to take this. This is a very capable machine and easy to work on.

Point are easy, take a careful look before you remove them. Then manually turn the crank shaft until the are a the maximum position. INstall the new ones and check you are at max open. Then adjust them to the manufacturer's recommended gap (go to the Kohler site and you can download a K301 manual for free).

Don't worry, don't hurry, you are doing fine! :D :omg:

firemart

I am trying to pull together everything else I need to get the WH running and mowing. The PTO stuff will be here this week, but, I am looking at pictures of other horses, and I do not have the knob on the front of the tractor. There is a bolt there, but no knob.

I still have the gas leak at the tank, but, I am beginning to think it may be the bushing. I still haven't worked on cleaning the carb., but locals are telling me to Seafoam it.

I Slimed the right front with good results. I am surprised. How effective would it be on the rear tires?

I got the deck pulleys moving pretty good. If I can just get the thing running and mowing, I'll be good. :omg: