Sign in to follow this  
firemart

Things I Need For My C120: HELP?

firemart

My C120 is coming back home today. When it left, it needed a drive belt and the muffler had "blown out" the insides. I was told it needed points now.

Can you give me some advice/directions? I have worked on it before, but, I haven't changed the drive belt or ever worked on points on anything. I have no clue on the muffler, other than the baffles may be gone.

I'll post pictures when it gets here.

ETA: I think I bought a belt for it once from my local NAPA...

If it helps, it has a 12HP Kohler and a Hydro Tranny, with a rear discharge 36" (?) inch deck (I know it has 3 blades).

I am not sure what year it is, though. How can I tell? Does it really matter? I am in the links thread looking at parts diagrams, and, it seems there is a lot of continuity from year to year.

I need these parts or cross-referenced parts and prices:

1. A drive belt

2. Points (according to my father-in-law)

3. A muffler (or some alternative to the OEM)

How difficult will the above repairs be???

mavfreak

:omg:

firemart

Anyone? My eyes are blurry from going through the archives... :omg:

nylyon

Points are easy to install, always buy a condenser as well. You should be able to go to your local Toro dealer and pickup the parts you need. The muffler may or may not be available and if it is available it is VERY expensive new. We have a classified section where you can post for the muffler, but the belt, points and condenser you can get on-line (links section) or at your local Toro dealer.

firemart
Points are easy to install, always buy a condenser as well.

firemart

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered an OEM 7478 Belt and a 102258 Muffler from Jack's. Hopefully, they will make it here this week, so I can get the tractor going. I called my local Toro shop, and they told me that they always have the points and condensers for K-series engines in stock, but, I'll also try my local NAPA shop. I'm pals with him.

jpmcleod

The points and condinser is no trouble. Don't quote me but I think the gap is 20 thousands. I have a owners manual at home for a C-120 if you need info. Contact me @ jerry.pugh5170@yahoo.com and I will be glad to help you. I'm sure others have their favorates, but I love my C-120 and trying to buy another one now.

Good luck on your project.

firemart

The points and condinser is no trouble. Don't quote me but I think the gap is 20 thousands. I have a owners manual at home for a C-120 if you need info. Contact me @ jerry.pugh5170@yahoo.com and I will be glad to help you. I'm sure others have their favorates, but I love my C-120 and trying to buy another one now.

Good luck on your project.

Thanks. I'm thinking I should go ahead and change the oil, and drain the gas, ans change the plug, and anything else you guys suggest while I'm at it. It was always maintained mechanically.

If you could tell me how much oil, what kind, the plug, etc, etc, it would be a great help. It's been awhile since I did it, I don't remember.

Thanks. I'm thinking I should go ahead and change the oil, and drain the gas, and change the plug, and anything else you guys suggest while I'm at it. It was always maintained mechanically.

If you could tell me how much oil, what kind, the plug, etc, etc, it would be a great help. It's been awhile since I did it, I don't remember.

firemart

It's here! I did not need the muffler or the drive belt after all. My brother-in-law repaired that last year, and he put a coil, plug, and points on.

What I need: The belt that goes from the side pulley to the front pulley to the deck.

The pins, etc, to reattach the side pulley.

A battery.

A seat cover, cushion?

Tires???

Cold Beer and patience and advice.

Pics are coming!

HELP! :omg:

firemart

SU1HMDAwNjItMjAxMDA0MTktMTU1NC5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNjYtMjAxMDA0MTktMTU1NS5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNjMtMjAxMDA0MTktMTU1NC5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNzEtMjAxMDA0MTktMTU1Ni5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNjctMjAxMDA0MTktMTU1NS5qcGc.jpg

catman81056

Buy one of those small in-line fuel filters and cut the hose just after the tank and install it, it's money well spe :omg: nt

firemart

The rear tires are dryrotted. How far will Slime go? Tubes? The right front leaks too. The drive release is frozen up. I am motivated, so, help me out. I hope the pics show what I need.

rickv1957

Looks like a good worker there!,Rick

firemart

I'm sorta overwhelmed right now. I don't know where to start... :omg:

rickv1957

1 item at a time will give good results!,Rick

firemart

I just want to get it running and mowing for now. I need some advice on the tires, the belt and pulley stuff, and anything else to get up and running. I'll worry about the looks later. What am I looking for, as far as how much this is gonna cost?

So, any help is appreciated.

rickv1957

New tires,seat, battery,tune up and misc items can reach 200.00 pretty easy,Rick

firemart

$200?! WHEW! I can handle that! Especially since I was planning on dropping a grand or more on a big box rider.

I broke out the WD-40 on the bolts tonight, and I covered it up.

The tire bolts look like a helluva fight. Should I just ask a tire friend for help here?

I need to keep (DW) deer wife optimistic...

ETA: I took another look at the tires. The fronts don't look bad. The right is the one not holding air.

The rear tires have obvious rotting on the sidewalls. That looks expensive and difficult to correct.

sawhorse

She looks like she needs a good pressure washing.

Get a bottle of pb blaster rust buster or equivalent for those wheel bolts and

everything else stuck on. Give it a good soaking and a few light taps with a hammer

and some time before attempting to remove any rusty stuff.

Those rims may be too rusty to bother installing new tires on. New ones can be had

around $20 each. Check e-bay as there have been some excellent tire and rim

combos on sale at times. The five lug garden tractor rims on the horse are a standard

size common to many lawn machines. Your tire friend may be able to get you a tire deal go for it.

Wash that mower deck real good and clean the grease zerks. Get those spindles filled with new grease.

Slime in the tires may work. It sure makes a mess inside the rim but if you are

going to probably throw them out anyway if they don't hold air then it doesn't matter.

Don't let the pressure of a growing lawn cause you to give up on the horse. Consider

having a neighbor kid mow until you are done fixing it up.

:omg:

Horse Fanatic

Tubes in the tires will solve your tires issues.

firemart

Bless you guys! Cause, the more I look at these pics and see the rust and the tires and the missing parts, it's a bit depressing. The wife asked me if it's gonna be safe to use at all.

If tubes will get the tires going, and I can get it going safely on the cheap, it goes a long way for me.

firemart

I still need some help on the belt. I can't find the number for the belt that goes from the right pulley to the deck anywhere. I'm going to see if I can get it running and the thing works before I dump cash into it.

So, I need to know by tomorrow or so, which battery I need, which belt I need,and anything else to get it going.

firemart

Still looking for the belt number...

firemart

I'm working up an order from Jack's. I'm trying to replace what I need for the PTO. I have it all listed, except for the dang belt.

I need help!

firemart

I got the belt number, and ordered an OEM Toro, and the stuff missing from my PTO-the pins and what-not, and the OEM air filter for $59 including shipping form Jack's.

How soon will it get here?

Today, I'm picking up points and condenser from NAPA, and a battery from Advance for $30. I may order a seat (approx. $49 before shipping) , too.

That only leaves the tires/wheels, and any cosmetics. So far, I'm out $140 if I get the seat, battery, and stuff from NAPA.

Not too bad, since the tractor isn't cost me a dime, right?