Sign in to follow this  
chesbaycruiser

520-H Speed Control

chesbaycruiser

I think I recently read a post about this, but I've searched all the key-words I can think of without luck, so please pardon if this is a repeat!

I have no experience to speak of with hydros and need a little help.

On a 520-H that has the speed control mounted on the steering shaft (do some have foot controls?), should constant pressure be required to maintain forward speed, or if it should "hold" once the desired speed setting is reached?

Thanks as always for the help!

Chris

Shuboxlover

Chris, I don't know about your 520, but the one I recently bought (where the speed control lever is between your legs) was not holding for me either, but it was an easy fix, there was a nut (under the seat, on top of the tranny) that I tightened ever so slightly, which fixed my problem, no more holding it forward to maintain speed. Yours is probably different though, I hope it's as easy of a fix as mine was.

good luck.

Confused99

His will adjust the same. Like said above, it doesn't take much to tighten it. Make sure you test it before starting the tractor up.

Jason

Shuboxlover

If i does adjust the same, lift the seat up and move the lever, you will see a cam move when you do this. There will me a nut that will apply pressure in essence making the cam harder to move, but don't over tighten it, it really doesn't take much at all.

chesbaycruiser

To clarify, can you specify which nut gets the adjustment...#1 or 2?

Thanks!

wheel_horse20.jpg

SgtBob

#2 but it dont take much.

Shuboxlover

#2 but it dont take much.

Thanks Bob....you beat me too it :omg:

Torino

This is an example how sites like this help us out. I just bought a 520h and had the same problem. If I did not know about this site or have internet access I would have probably just lived with it. Someone on this site showed me the fix. Seems like a very common problem. I wonder how many people out there have this problem with there WH and never figure out how to fix it? Go RedSquare. :omg:

hodge

Do not oil any of that, either. It is a friction operation, and oiling it will make it worse. Just tighten it a little, try it, and adjust to what you want.

chesbaycruiser

:omg:

Thanks for all the help. Made the adjustment which corrected the problem!