Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

18 Automatic (Sunstrand) Help

stevebo

Guys,

After working my loader last week moving dirt etc. I had the tractor in park using the parking pawl (I know I should not have used it) and prior to taking it out of park I tried to move forward and it bogged down before I realized it was still on and then I pulled it back to neutral.

Now it will not move forward or reverse. The hydro pump must be working because it is mid mount lift cylinder is working (pushing piston in and out). For those of you who do not know I just finished rebuilding the entire rear end of this tractor.

When the tractor is jacked in the air with the rear tires off the ground and the parking pawl engauged, the tires spin freely.

Can anyone help point me the right direction on where to start? I really do not want to pull the rear end again. My thought is the pawl is broken and the hydro motor may be broken. Any advise is appreciated.

Lastly,

I want to confirm the pump is pumping up to specs so does anyone know what the factory psi should be on the Sunstrand pumps??

Thanks- SteveBo-

rickv1957

Steve,Im going on memory here,dont know that parking pawl will hold with tractor jacked up as pinions may allow tires to turn,I do have a sundstrand service manual if you need some info,hydro does have a relief valve that could have stuck open or broke a spring when you had your mishap,Rick

stevebo

I was thinking that too. Can you give me the spec for the psi the pump should put out? Maybe 700 or 800 I think??

clintonnut

That sucks,

My 876 parking pawl doesn't work either. I can have it engaged or disengaged. It doesn't matter. The tractor will still roll.

Charlie

stevebo

Guys,

I tested the pump and it is over 600psi (550-700) is called for. Pulled the gear motor off the rear end and that was fine. Then looked inside and the gear that the motor engauges sheared the keyway :omg::D:D:D:D:D

I bang my head cause I have to pull the rear end again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sucks !!

rickv1957

Steve,that is bad news,really could have been worse though :omg: Rick

refracman

You dont have to remove the rearend. You can access the paw by removeing the hydro motor. You will need a long angle set of needle nose and a decent flashlite. I have changed out several of them useing this method.

dope :omg: should of read all the posts.

WheelHorse_of_course

You may want to check your belt size. With the "parking brake" engaged there should be no power to the Hydro pump.

Good Lock :omg:

rickv1957

You may want to check your belt size. With the "parking brake" engaged there should be no power to the Hydro pump.

The D-Series tractor have no belt,the pump is direct drive from engine,Rick