Sign in to follow this  
PPGman

1976 C-120 Restoration

papaglide

That tractor looks fantastic! GREAT job man! :D

rmaynard

S5003440.jpg

Doug,

Looks like you need to do an alignment on it. With your wheels pointed straight ahead, your steering wheel is turning right. :D

Bob

rickv1957

Steering shaft just needs rotated to the correct position, :D Rick

Butch

Saaaaweet! :D

Butch

S. Jersey

HorseFixer

Doug, Nice looking paint job, What kinda paint did you say you used? :D

rmaynard

Bob,

Doug told me that he used a PPG base-coat/clear coat, GM #81, variant "B". It helps to have a body & paint shop.

Bob

Ken B

Top notch job on the C-120. If I could only keep my little shop half as clean as yours.... :D

PPGman

S5003440.jpg

Doug,

Looks like you need to do an alignment on it. With your wheels pointed straight ahead, your steering wheel is turning right. :USA:

Bob

Yeah, that problem has since been corrected. It was stitting there for a day, and i walked past it and said to myself....holy geesh....that steering wheel is crooked!! :wh:

Its funny.....its the details that get you in the end! :D

PPGman

Horse Fixer, i ended up using PPG base/clear. The color i ended up going with was GM 81. I did another one a few yrs ago with base/ clear and it has held up really well.

PPGman

Top notch job on the C-120. If I could only keep my little shop half as clean as yours.... :D

Ken if you only knew what my shop looked like now!! It looks like a bomb went off in here. I'm embarrassed to say, but i spent an hr yesterday looking for 13mm deep well socket! You would think that after all these yrs an adult would learn to put things back in their place. :USA:

I can usually take only so much, and then i have to stop and start cleaning! Guess what i will be doing this evening!!

PPGman

Steering shaft just needs rotated to the correct position, :wh: Rick

Rick....didn't you hear....this is the new WH :D thing going. All the kids are doing it now.....(installing the steering wheel at the 12 &6 o'clock position) :D

I didn't tell anyone, but i have a set of pink neon headlight covers, and some old christmas light strings i was going to spell out WHEEL HORSE on the rear fender tin. I was thinking of lowering it, and slamming a pair of 20's on the back, but i haven't been able to solve the math on the mower scalping issue yet!

:USA:

You would think that a guy standing there taking pictures of that would have noticed that right away...... i must have had lunch on my mind!