Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Don't try this at home

T-Mo

Also saw this posted over on wfm:

This one falls under the :imstupid: category. I wouldn't take any lawn tractor at that speed, especially a STX.

nylyon

That was one of the funnies things I have seen. Thank God for people like that to keep us entertained!

Rollerman

I'm amazed there were no ambulance rides?

Would not of taken much to pitch that thing over. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Stephen,

I was thinking that too, especially when he was pulled onto the highway. I winced a few times thinking I was about to see disaster. Also, if you noticed he was pulled onto the road that one time, almost into an oncoming car.

Karl,

Yes it was entertaining and funny, but also it was like watching a train wreck about to happen. I was waiting for something bad to happen. Also if you noticed a couple of cop cars passed by during this video.

Nick

When I saw the title I assumed it would just be a race mower on the street. Towing at 55mph now thats nuts. :thumbs:

Did you notice the related videos that came up? Never saw those before either.

T-Mo

Or how about this one:

I love watching these youtube videos. Some are funny and some are pretty scaring as these idiots will try anything.

BTW, I couldn't tell if that V8 Cub had the deck blades on or not. :thumbs:

wesley

Dam and they say us brits are mad lol.

wes

But made me smile .

Greg B.

:thumbs: This is why some people should be neutered. It's reasonably certain that this :imstupid: family tree doesn't have enough branches! BTW, what's the speed rating for a 2ply turf tire?

Greg B.

TT

I'd worry more about those little 3/4" axles spinning in bare aluminum and Bentonite grease inside that cheap little Peerless transaxle.

There isn't a single ball, needle, or roller BEARING inside them ANYWHERE, except for two little 5/8" ones on the input shaft!

(lots of bronze bushings to melt down and make a 3rd place :imstupid: medal for him though! :thumbs: )

I could see doing that with no one on the tractor though. :thumbs: (maybe my 210-5?)

whchris

went out and checked the tires on my stx-38 say do not exceed 35mph let me tell ya a little something about the steering and brakes on those little things the steering is one of john deeres tight radius mowers the closest lawn mower to a zero turn easy to turn too much too fast and there a gear drive kinda like our horses except the roll pins are tiny cotter pins now for the brakes well they were worse than a craftsman's other than that the 14hp Kohler ran till the bottom crank bearing blew apart oh and i ripped the rear hitch all apart

kpinnc

At first I thought "what an idiot".

Then I saw that tow strap run up under the front tires. You know, they make an emergency braking system for tractor trailers that works on the same priciple. A large brake "sheet" unrolls out from in front of the trailer tires, rolls under the wheels, and stops the trailer and attached tractor- loaded or not.

I couldn't help but reallize how lucky that fella was. If I'm gonna get killed, it'll hopefully be for something better than a YouTube video, or getting a tractor down the road a bit.

My initial thought of "idiot" doesn't do him justice. Obviously a man with no responsibilty to anyone else on the planet. Sorry for the sermon, but there is a difference in fun and stupid. I like to have fun and cut up as much as the next guy, but that dude has serious problems. He could've at least worn a helmet.

I'm hoping that moron doesn't have children or a family that depends on him sticking around.

Sorry again. I'll shut up now.

Kevin

T-Mo

I could see doing that with no one on the tractor though. biggrin.gif (maybe my 210-5?)

I take it that you still can't get the little 210 started. :thumbs:

Chris,

Yes those little STX aren't the best quality tractors JD built. JD produced them to have something on the entry level to compete against Sears, sort of a L-series forerunner.

Kevin,

If you noticed at the beginning of the video, he's apologizing to who I assume is his wife. So he probably does have children counting on him. And I also winced when I saw that tow strap go underneath the tractor. I've towed enough vehicles and I can say that when a tow strap gets caught underneath one of the towed vehicle tires, it comes to a sudden and abrupt stop.

TT

I take it that you still can't get the little 210 started. :thumbs:

I haven't worked at it too much lately.

I was out for a little while today to get the filler plate for Curly, and I looked around for some other things I know I should have but can't find. :thumbs:

Then I went back out later to get my manual with the head bolt torque info for Gerry.

Now I'm stuck in this chair again! :D

Stigian

HHmmm... bit of a plonker the JD guy if you ask me.

If the pick-up had of slammed on the brakes suddenly, say a car/truck/kid on bike/brick wall jumped out in front of him, the JD driver would of been picking bits of tailgate out of his teeth for a good few years.

I like the floating mower though :thumbs:

HHmm i wonder how much PSI i can get in WH tires without them exploding :thumbs: :D

Rollerman

Ian these are some of the same things I was thinking...ontop of a tir rod failing while being a smarta$$ going out into the other lane.

I hope that guy bought a lottery ticket on his way back home.