Sign in to follow this  
fireman

So nice today, Took some of the horses riding!

fireman

It was sunny and almost 70 today so I decided to take out some of my horses and exercise them abit. Also gave me a chance to clean up the floors after all the work this winter. Now I really can't wait for the SHOW :omg:

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

wheel horse 1045

great pictures

btrrg1969

That's a fine looking herd

KeithB

nice herd of hosses :omg:

rickv1957

Very nice line up you have there!! :omg: Rick

Sparky

Lookin good Jeff. I hope you set all the parking brakes on em before you took the pic. Ever have one roll over that "cliff" :omg: ?

Mike........

Gene_S

Very nice crew there Jeff... :D

Beautiful back drop to... :omg:

gregg.d250

Looks great Jeff- especially the loader! :D

Two thumbs up ! :omg: :D

VinsRJ

Lookn' good Jeff.... looking forward to the show also :omg:

Ken B

Very nice Jeff. :omg:

fireman

Mike,

As a matter of fact, I almost lost the GT14 today! For some reason when you pull up on the "Parking Brake" lever, it still rolls. Well I didn't realize it and when I was moving them all around, I backed the GT right near the edge. I pulled the lever and got off. As I walked away I turned around and noticed it was creaping backwards. I ran over and stopped it at the last minute. That's 8 feet down were it was parked :omg: .

Roger from southern Iowa

Good looking crew. Not sure I could pick a favorite.

Great pics. :omg:

JimD

That's a fine lookin group Jeff! :omg:

horsefeathers

NICE GROUPING, WHAT KIND'A AMO YOU USIN' I CAN'T SHOOT THAT STRAIGHT !VERY NICE!

dgoyette

Great photos and great day for it. You have had a real nice group of tractors out. Thanks for posting I really like to see threads like this.

Coadster32

Good lookin bunch. :omg:

Suburban 550

Great lookin' herd of horses, Jeff. :omg:

whfan74

What a great looking line up of tractors! Thanks for sharing! :omg:

Rollerman

I'm with Mike...that yard is nut's & would give a flatlander like me the spooks cruseing around on a Horse.

Oh & very nice group of Horses there. :omg:

Had several of mine out yesterday too, but no pics....there camera shy.

SALTYWRIGHT

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BRING ALL OF THEM TO THE SHOW ? NICE GROUP OF HORSES. I MAY TAKE MINE OUT TODAY FOR SOME FRESH AIR. :omg:

stevasaurus

Very nice herd Jeff. :omg: With this nice weather, I am looking forward to the show also. :D :D

fireman

Horsefeathers,

My "amo" is lots of research, time, patience and being quick on the draw. Here's how the tractors in the picture break down as far as how and where I found them.

Resto/Mod 58RJ: Bought it off Ebay. It was an absolute rust bucket. (We won't talk about what it cost to put it in the shape it is now).

Stock 58RJ: Found it on Craigslist in New Jersey. The guy I got it from bought his neighbors house. The previous owner of the house was in his 90's and couldn't live alone anymore so he went to a assisted living place. The new owner got everything that was in the house and on the property. He is 6' 6" and about 300lbs and could not fit on the RJ. The previous owner bought the tractor new and always kept it in the garage. I think I paid $275.00 for it as you see it.

1979 C-81: My wife found this for me. She is a moderator on a Freecycle website which is a place to give away things you don't want anymore (meant t to keep stuff out of landfills). Some yuppy was giving this away because he couldn't get it started and decided it was easier to just buy a new one. All I had to do was drain the fuel, clean and adjust the carb, change the air filter, plug, oil, and put in a new battery and she fired right up. Of course the loader was not on it. It also came with a 36" mower deck that was only a few years old and in excellent condition. The engine was also replaced recently before I got it with a Kohler service engine and runs perfect.

1980 C-125: Found on Craigslist in New Jersey. Again poor maintenance on the PO's part and he bought a newer one. All I had to do was change the fuel, plug, oil, air filter, rebuild carb, and charge the battery. She fired up right away.

1973 GT14: Found it on Ebay. Runs great and is original fantastic condition.

It took me 3 years to find these. They're out there you just have to be persistent in your search. You also have to be early. With the advent of the Internet, everyone is out there looking for them. If you find one that you want and hesitate for one minute, it will gone before you have a second thought. If you see it and want it, "PULL THE TRIGGER AND GO GET IT" because if you don't someone else surely will!

Just my $.02

wh1257

nice couple

jpmcleod

Very nice group of horses. I can't wait to get a couple of mine finished.

Brrly1

Hey Jeff, I bet you can't guess which one is my favorite? See Ya, Bye Burly

:omg: