Sign in to follow this  
curly

Old WH Mower

curly

Guys I have an older Wheelhorse mower in storage and was anticipating on restoring sometime in the near future. The decals are torn off hood mostly especially the model number and no other ID's are available(Has on 1 side the letters B11?--? letter has a wide base like and 0--8). It has a 8 HP Briggs Engine--and appears to be a 5 forward and reverse. The shifter extends from under the seat-swivels up and down and lies down on the base-moves to left for forward and to right for reverse(When sitting in seat). It is similar to the B100 in photo gallery except for the shifter. Thanks for any help.

Curly in Kentucky

TT

Is the metal ID tag missing?

It might be tough to identify without it -- especially if the hood and/or engine has been changed.

Can you get any photos?

curly

I have included 1 photo of this little jewel, am sure is not enough to help much with the identification. Anyway it is a 8 HP vertical shaft. I have searched and tried to upload about 10 photos but have not been able to do so. Maybe in future I will learn LOL

Curly in KY

TT

Looks an awful lot like a B-115 to me. :thumbs:

It should have an 11hp Briggs engine though. (I'm saying this only because you say it has "11?" on the hood)

curly

Terry I really have not looked at the engine I know most of the decals are gone from it and guy I traded from a year ago told me was a 8 HP chances are has been changed. I feel you are right about the 115 due to the 3rd letter looking like has a wide bottom. I emailed some photos to sparkee that are a little more in detail because dum me could not figure how to upload on this site. When I get chance will dig it out and pull head and measure piston or look closer for numbers and not decals.

Thanks

Curly

TT

The numbers should be "die-stamped" on the blower housing. I think the 11hp model # is 252707. :thumbs:

I had one of them here last fall but I never posted the picture 'cause it wasn't real pretty. I kept some of the good parts, but recycled the rest of the carcass. :thumbs:

This was my B-115:

101107009.jpg

curly

Terry that is exactly like mine except my gear shifter lies on base and swivels up and down. Sent some photos to Sparkee maybe he can send to you. I am attaching photo of shifter I hope.

Thanks a heap

Curly in Ky.

Attached Image

post-3-1205116178.jpg

TT

It's just missing the filler plate for the front of the fender -- it would be the same as mine if you had that piece. (I have one on the parts pile if you need it :thumbs: )

curly

Yea when I get the nerve out to start on this will shout back at you.. What u need for the part with shipping.

Thanks

Curly

TT

Give me a dollar to go out, take it off, and put it in a box -- plus whatever the shipping is -- and it's yours. :thumbs:

Just let me know when you want it. :thumbs:

curly

Let me know total--will mail you a check or cash and you can mail it I need to get started onit in the near future.

THanks

Curly

combatmp29r

:thumbs: Another vert owner. We're growing in number on here. Things are starting to look up around here :D:P:thumbs: :D

TT

Here's a picture of the filler panel, Curly.

plate.jpg

I hope you get the PM I sent you. :thumbs:

T-Mo

I think this is the first time I saw a B-115. I see it has the black hood. I wonder how Greg and Mike missed this model. :thumbs:

TT

They might have, but I don't think Duane did! :thumbs: :thumbs:

curly

Hey Guys!!!! Good news now that you fellows got me interested in my old Wheelhorse I really took the time to go and see for myself what it was like and I found that my B115 is an 11 HP 5 speed as you have said. The numbers on the motor cover identified it to be an 11 HP and I agree with you the decal on the side most probably is what you say a B115 % Speed.

Thanks To all and Terry will put your money in mail for the plate because you guys have got me interested in starting on very soon quick as I can get some things in order first. May take it and have the metal sandblasted, checked it good today and not as rusty as appears in photo but has set out a lot and paint badly faded. Again Thanks

Curly in Kentuck

Greg B.

I didn't miss it. I've been speechless with jealousy :thumbs: Love those Black hoods.

Greg B.

TT

Don't forget the picture that first got me talking here back in December!

Here's a few of those "black hoods"! :thumbs:

1462985887_bc136ba6e2.jpg

Greg B.

I remember TT. I have that pic in my "wallpaper" file. :thumbs:

Sparky

Ahhh....Black Hood Heaven :thumbs: !

Kinda wish my collection looked like that pic :thumbs: .

Mike.............