Sign in to follow this  
C-Series14

Level 3 here in SW Ohio!

C-Series14

Well, after several years of not having enuf snow to use my snowblower, I decided to sell it. Well, I guess I now kind of miss it! We got at least 8 inches here now and more coming. Drifting, blowing, and snowing right now. I am going to fire up the FEL and clean out the driveway and get the 48" plow going also. Not suppose to be on the roads of course but like it always happens, I am out of gas for the tractors. :imstupid: A little advice for you guys, get gas the day before the storm when you first thought about it! lol! :thumbs: Luckily, I have 3 four wheel drives and I am in tight with the sheriff's around here..... :thumbs:

perry

they where predicting that snow here in MI, but it stayed to our south. i think if the east wind picked up near the front of that storm we would have got nailed. yep i always seemed to be out of gas also right in the middle of doing sumthin. i made up a electric pump and just syphon out of one of the vehicles when needed.

refracman

Here in yhe toledo area we have bout 5" right now and some comein.

knwo what ya mean bout findin the gas can empty when ya need it. :thumbs:

I love these snow emergency levels.

Why I remember when I was a kid we had to................ :thumbs:. Sortta miss them stories now from Dad and Gramps come this time of year

Sparky

Yep, empty fuel cans suck. My kid has a quad and it takes quite a bit to fill it and when he does he doesnt tell me.....I just kinda find out when I grab the can and its real light :thumbs: . I've been tryin to fill em up after each use to avoid a no-gas situation.

Mike.........

T-Mo

This has been the snowiest winter here in Missouri in about 5-6 years. More like the winters I remember as a kid. It seems like winter happens when you're NOT prepared. See, if you would had the gas on hand and you were ready to go - no snow. :thumbs:

TT

Sort of like if you had your blade on the tractor with the ENGINE ? :thumbs::D

I guess we aren't in line for any snow here like was originally in the forecast. I thought maybe we'd have a chance to restore the "Snow Horse", but it doesn't look very promising! :thumbs:

nylyon

I put the 416-H with the blower in the shed. It needs a new battery too since it is dead. We should be getting Snow here now I think!

T-Mo

Sort of like if you had your blade on the tractor with the ENGINE ?

Now, I wonder who you could be talking about? :thumbs:

Maybe it's my strategy, leave the plow on the tractor with the busted rod, and see it snow. Then I can tell the wife we need a snow thrower for next years winter. But we need another Wheel Horse to run it as we still need the plow on the one. Though I might have messed up there as she knows that Wheel Horses attachments interchange AND I already have two Wheel Horses. :thumbs:

TT

Maybe you could tell her that a snowthrower requires AT LEAST 16 horsepower, so now you have to look for a twin-cylinder model -- at least a 416. but preferably a 520. :thumbs:

Rollerman

TT sounds like a good plan for "JD" Terry

You still want to get the no name model & let her pull the yard cart around for her projects...then get her hooked & go after a big HP chrome model!

By the way...no new snow in northern IN...& calling for a warming trend. :thumbs:

Nick

Sounds like you got more down your way Mike. Taking any pictures of your big snow cleanup? Up in this part Ohio looks like around 6" so far of light powder with a few nice drifts from the winds. Its a light snow so it has been real easy to plow. Might even put the bucket on the Load Ranger but cant play to much since I forgot to fill the gas can also. Kind of bad now that it can cost $20 or more just to fill the lawnmower can. :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

Rod(NASNUT)

:P We got 4 inches on tue. 4 inches of rain :thumbs: this is my yard :thumbs: I do not think the old Charger 9 can move all this :D

Attached Image

post-3-1204990296.jpg

nylyon

Rod, I hope your house is above that, it looks nasty. We're expecting 1-2" of rain here today ourselves.

WheelHorse_of_course

Same thing here in NE Ohio.

I plowed about 4 inches late yesterday afternoon.

Looks like another 5 inches overnight and quite a bit of drifting.

Got to get get outside and get going.....

C-Series14

Sounds like you got more down your way Mike. Taking any pictures of your big snow cleanup? Up in this part Ohio looks like around 6" so far of light powder with a few nice drifts from the winds. Its a light snow so it has been real easy to plow. Might even put the bucket on the Load Ranger but cant play to much since I forgot to fill the gas can also. Kind of bad now that it can cost $20 or more just to fill the lawnmower can. :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

Well, it was snowing and blowing and so cold, I really didn't have the energy to take pics! lol! Let's just say the FEL did all the work, it is piled 3 or 4 feet high on the side of the driveway WHICH is filling back in again. Might get some pics this afternoon....when I head back out and save the neighbors!!! :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

:thumbs: Yes I am above that When I got this house I spent $10,000.00 and lifted it 4 feet so it did not get in my house. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Guys, I feel for you. Rod, that yard is just :thumbs: and I don't mean that in a good way. Looks like you need a house boat. Are your sheds above water?

Mike, Nick, WHOC,

You guys stay warm now. I guess we are got to be telling ourselves, "spring is just right around the corner!"

kj4kicks

Mike, Sounds like the FEL did good with the snow. Didn't have the chance to try mine this year :thumbs:

Still better than being in the lake at Rod's place..... :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

treed not in the shed this time but it was close.

Attached Image

post-3-1204994326.jpg

pond195520032003

We are down to a level 2 now here in s.e. ohio :P still snowing though :thumbs: here are a couple pics after i just plowed! :P even cleared some from the road :D where the Co. never cleared it off :P Nick, I know what you mean on the gas situation :D it will cost almot $30.00 to fill up the D-200 alone :D:D i just put $12.00 worth or 3.2 gallons in it or so at $3.29 a gallon :thumbs::DPicture003-6.jpgPicture001-6.jpgPicture006-1.jpgPicture010-1.jpg

Nick

Rod,

Good idea to raise the house. We have one here in town that gets water in it ever time the creek behind it floods. They even rebuilt after a flood put 20" of water in the house but they still left it the same. :imstupid:

Greg,

Nice pictures. Looks like the big D handled the job.

Mike,

There is always time for pictures or VIDEO .

Nick

C-Series14

Here is apic out the front window. Still a level 3, plowed driveway this morning, it is filled back in almost. :thumbs:

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1205005645.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

Well, it was an interesting morning. I got up at 9 because I figured I'd better get to work.

The 854 with no chains could barely get around. I could push some snow around with the blade up, but it was not looking good.\

Came in to decide what to do next. Thought about going and getting some chains. Looked up the tires on the 854 and the are 22" which is only 1 " smaller than the Charger 12. So I figured I would try those chains. Yes, that makes a huge difference so I bladed for about 2 hours.

The snow is about 7 inches, medium density. Can't plow in a striaght line, have do do the criss-cross approach. The narrow tires with chains do get good traction though.

Got nowhere near all of the sidewalk done before I got too cold to continue (it is about 24 F but fairly windy). Came in, took a shower and 2 cups of hot chocolate.

I guess it is time to go out again.

WheelHorse_of_course

8-9 inches now and the drifting is going to be something. Kept the area behind the cars, and the apron mostly clear.

My second time out I almost made it to the corner on the side walk. To bad the charger is not up and running with the blower....LOTS of snow to move.

C-Series14

Well, it's 2100 hours, just finished 3 driveways, took 3 hours. WHY DID I SELL THE DANG SNOWBLOWER??? :thumbs: :imstupid:

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1205027857.jpg