Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Portland IN show

Rollerman

Just wanted to say I had a good time at Portland show despite the muddy mess it was!

I did get to meet a Wheel Horse celebrity :( ...Mr Bill Peirson & his wife Sharon.

Got my first look in the flesh so to speak of his MLR6S. :D

Thats a very unique tractor!

Brandon Pfeiffer & his pretty help were there for Lawn & Garden Collector magazine & Brandons Hapco.com parts.

But the weather was bad this year...either hot & humid or drenching rain....go from one extreme to the next.

Did see some nice tractor there & catch up with some distant friends.

It was my wife's 1st tractor show & due to the 96 degree temps & constant walking I don't think she was too impressed? :P

I did not take any pics as I left my camera in the truck for fear of getting it wet.

I did shoot some pics of BP & the MLR6S

Stephen in northern IN....takeing an umbrella & waders to Portland in 2008

0825070950.jpg

BP on his MLR6S!

0825070952.jpg

A veiw of the turning brakes on the MLR6S

0825070951.jpg

Electric lift on the MLR6S

T-Mo

Man, that's a nice looking tractor. I didn't realize Brandon was into WH's....

Rollerman

Treed I didn't say Brandon wasinto Wheel Horses, all though I beleive he may have 1 or 2?

I think he likes the green ones, But he was there with his help in the swap meet area showing/selling his hapco products.....& had his magazine display there too for subscriptions, renewals & info.

Any buddy that has not subscribed to "Lawn & Garden Collector Magazine" yet I highley recomend it.

The Portland show has just a few Wheel Horses.....Oliver & Hart Parr were the featured "big" tractors this year.

With the Gravely's representing the garden tractors.

The show is pretty much open to all makes & sizes or anything with an engine!...there is a home made helicopter on display ther every year & I would not want to be in the sam county as it when it flies!

Stephen in northern IN...just back with wife from shopping...time to nap :D

T-Mo

I was a subscriber in the magazine's first two years, but after the second year I didn't renew. I need to, though.

I should of said, I didn't realize what shows Brandon did attend, though it makes sense he would go to them, especially if they're close to home.

Rollerman

Okay I'm confused...mag's only been out 1 year now 6 issues?

I subscribed last year at Portland & was one of the lucky ones to get mine without a hitch.

Many subscribers had problems with there mail delivery on the first 2 issues do to a mailing hiccup.

I did renew this year at Portland also & the mag in it's first year has grown & became a great read.

And yes Brandon, the Mayhews, & Bill Peirson were all together at Portland.

Brandon had a tent set up for his "Hapco" products...the Mayhews then had there tent with the decals they reproduce, then there was the Lawn & Garden tractor tent with info on the mag & BP brought some tractors along to display & help Brandon & the Mayhews too.

Really cool to meet BP & hope I can make the big show in PA maybe next year.

Will see...paveing seon hits & work frowns on us guys takeing long vacations.

Stephen in northern IN...up early & going fishin!

Rollerman

Also Treed this was the first time for the Mayhews & BP at Portland.

I did not know who Brandon was till I picked up on his mag last year & didn't meet him then either.

So I don't know if he was at Portland in 2006 with the "Habco" stuff.

But I do know they are all "Brandon,Mayhews, BP & co." are planning on being back next year !

Stephen in northern IN

T-Mo

Stephen,

The first issue came out in '02, January/February issue. It was called LGT News and the size of the pages were 4" x 5 3/4" (a 8" x 11 1/2" folded in half) and had about 20 pages. Starting in '03 it went to a full size paper size. It was bi-monthly (every two months - 6 issues a year). I have the first two years - '02 and '03. It covered nothing but JD stuff then, or almost all JD stuff. I'm not too sure why I didn't renew for the third year, probably just let it go. But I should have kept the subscription.

I have heard of Brandon as early as around 1999 or 2000, which would of been the time that I started getting into lawn and garden tractors. I never met him, but I have some email correspondence with him. He started the magazine as a way to increase his income and to blend in with his "Hapco" business.

Rollerman

Okay...thanks Treed.

I did know that he ran a JD mag before called "LGT news" & the L&G collector came out & was under the impression with the popularity of the "New" all brands GT mag that the 1st kinda faded away or merged into the L&G collector mag.

Stephen in northern IN...back from fishing & caught my weight in weeds....gonna be a mean salad tonight!

T-Mo

I'm not sure when the change took place, as I said, I let my subscription run out after the second year.