How old is my Wheel Horse...195?

Indy w h

Hey copperswilly!!! B) nice rj !!!

I hope you enjoy the show!!!

Can't we all just get along??????????

Indy

Copperswilly

Thanks for all the welcomes...

Indy I like that double wheel look how did you attach them?

Indy w h

If your referring to my avatar, I've got reversable wheel weights

that add the space for duals

Thanks, Indy

Copperswilly

Pretty cool looking with that set up

Indy w h

:party: B) Indy

BPjunk

Ok so it's been a while but ........ in 1958 Wheel Horse produced 20,000 model RJ-58's and in 1959 2,500 (if I remember correctly), now all being so the only way to tell the difference between a 1958 and a 1959 is the serial number that was printed on the VIN decal. Up to 20,000 is a 1958 and 20,001 and up is a 1959.

Wild Bill

MikesRJ

Thanks for the info Bill. Good to see you back.

linen beige

:party: I think that is the first horse I have seen that has been through a hurricane. Looks to be in good shape for that. B)

ALL of mine have! Ivan was still a hurricane when it hit Ky. a couple years back.

Gene_S

Thats some good information Bill... To bad so many of the S/N tags are gone...

6wheeler

Copperswilly, :hbd: Your Rj looks like a fun challenge. Regardless of what year it is. B) . I think the addition of the blower is cool , Got the parts, We'll make er fit.. I like the way you shoehorned the bigger engine in too. The memories you have of the tractor when you were a kid are great, But, even sweeter tasting will be the memories of making it the way YOU want it now... There is nothing wrong with customization.. Look at that palate, What can I do with it? :party: . Now THAT sounds fun.. :clap:.

Copperswilly

I been looking for parts online because my Toro dealer is a tool in himself...I went to him to see if I could get a new shifter boot but no luck he says they don't make them for that old of a tractor. Matter of fact he said they dont make any parts for them. He has told me this about my 11 year old MTD yard machine grass cutter as well...go figure...I just replaced the steering on that and the belts.

Do you guys no another way to get some stuff for this. There are parts on ebay but the only shifter boot I saw was 14.00+ shipping. If I have I have to but 14.00 for a little rubber boot. My willys jeep boots cost me 8.00 and theres two of them.

6wheeler

You could pm vinsrj, he knows of that stuff. And Daves tractor has alot too. I don't know his web address, but if you google it you will get it.

Buzz

Go to the Toro site and search for other dealers in your area, it might surprise you where they are. Maybe you can find one that has a brain in his head and cares about his customers.

chazm

Yea Buzz ... I tried that in my area ... Ones an old fart who don't want to look anything up & the other is a young whip that just wants to sell you a new tractor. <_<

So much for customer service any more :party:

But I'm sure there are some good dealers out there B)

Chaz :clap:

DMK855

Copperswilly, I have been using Majestic Hardware in Gardiner, NY for all of my Toro parts. The service is good, prices are good, and shipping is very reasonable. I have been dealing with Rick.

The local Toro dealer here will not get my buisiness again!!!!!

Majestics Hardware.

http://stores.ebay.com/Majestics-Hardware

There number is (845) 255-5494

Good Luck!!!

Copperswilly

thanks I'll definatly give them a holler. I would like to get it as close as I can