Sign in to follow this  
Roger from southern Iowa

Just saw the news

MikesRJ

When that "little" kid down the road from me builds that "Charlie-Horse" he'll have the Duke-ster on the ropes.

Go get him Charlie, woop his butt big-time too!

B)

buckrancher

Got around 12 inches here not to bad power did not go out and that was a

good thing :clap:

had some visitor's today some of Chuck's friends (save old Iron) stopped by

for brunch :party:

100_3915.jpg

100_3912.jpg

100_3916.jpg

100_3917.jpg

B)

stevasaurus

Great pictures guys....thanks for sharing. I hope everyone is OK. :clap:

Go get him Charlie. :party: I would have told Duke my wheel horse did that wall of snow is that first picture. B) Awesome picture. :hbd:

HorseFixer

Here's some pics: :hbd:

This is my road. Those drifts may not look big but they are higher than me and I am 5'3"!!

Charlie

Now wait a minute!! I didn't think you were a hair over 5' 2 and 7/8" :party:

I guess you stopped growing at 15!

Be prepared for a rival tractor to your "automated" tractor. The rival will be a D-250 with cab, 48" blower, 3pt, 200lbs of barbells on back and 150lbs of wheel weights.

Top that Duke!

Charlie

:clap: 1) Heated Cab 2) Automated Chute 3) 200 lbs Weight on the rear 4) Lights like DAYLIGHT! 5) Strobe so you can see me pass ya! B)

SNOWCANNON2.jpg

truckin88

Just got power back, been without since Thursday. Just over 3 FEET here. The horses did ok, but my C-120 had a hub slide and my 310 needed a drive belt, all got done. From Thursday night to Friday morning we got the most....and it was to much for the horses w/ snow blades. I had to bring in a plow guy, but for $25.00 it was worth it and I maintained with the horses.

I will say my neighbor with a 310 and chains did better than my ags. I will be putting chains on the ags next year. You get great forward traction, but reverse is horrible.

Trees were down everywhere, and even mickey d's was closed. My dodge Ram got side swiped. It was insane, we booked a hotel today, today 20 minutes after check in, our neihbor called with good news that the power was one, $60 wasted on the hotel, but ya never know.

It was bad, but it always could have been worse.

hounddoghundzsa

This could get very interesting!!!! B)

Indy w h

Charlie that's some good pics!!!!Ray those are some nice pics !!!!

Duke I'm behind ya on the blow-off....... Way behind ya !!

He'll it's soup city in my backyard got grass growing!!!

Indy

rickv1957

Great pictures there guys B) ,Rick

Buzz

Trees down all over the place - and huge ponding of water. We had 8 inches of rain and 70 mph winds. Some parts of Maine had 90 mph winds. Friday it was 40 degrees and almost every school was closed due to roads being closed. About 100,000 homes without power at the height of the storm - down to about 25,000 homes now.

I just glad this wasn't snow - it would have been 8 feet B)

Micah, any word from Bill over in Yarmouth? He is literally right on the coast.

Buzz

We only had around 5-6" here in South Jersey buy with the wind there were some 2-3' drifts. My 856 with plow had no trouble with them. :hbd: I finished up by plowing out by the mailbox where the snowplows had piled it. No problem until........... I ran over a jagged piece of metal that must have fallen off one of their trucks and put a 5" slice in my rear tire. B):party: I limped back to the garage and tomorrow i'll start digging in snow banks out back until I find my 552 which has the identical tire and rim that I need. Then all I have to do is get it off, carry it to the garage, take the 50# weights off, remove the bad wheel, swap chains, mount wheel, put the weights back on....... I figure I should be able to do it with only two skinned knuckles and a few new cuss words :clap: Did I ever mention that I HATE SNOW?

MaineDad

Trees down all over the place - and huge ponding of water. We had 8 inches of rain and 70 mph winds. Some parts of Maine had 90 mph winds. Friday it was 40 degrees and almost every school was closed due to roads being closed. About 100,000 homes without power at the height of the storm - down to about 25,000 homes now.

I just glad this wasn't snow - it would have been 8 feet B)

Micah, any word from Bill over in Yarmouth? He is literally right on the coast.

Buzz - now word from Bill. He's right near the Power Plant, so they are always the first to get back online if they loose power, even before the hospitals. I'll check...

jimt1971

Charlie,

I am only an hour North of you and I got about two inches. Can't wait to see the D-250 built up. Go get him Charlie!

Jim

clintonnut

Here's some pics: B)

This is my road. Those drifts may not look big but they are higher than me and I am 5'3"!!

Charlie

Now wait a minute!! I didn't think you were a hair over 5' 2 and 7/8" :hbd:

I guess you stopped growing at 15!

Be prepared for a rival tractor to your "automated" tractor. The rival will be a D-250 with cab, 48" blower, 3pt, 200lbs of barbells on back and 150lbs of wheel weights.

Top that Duke!

Charlie

:clap: 1) Heated Cab 2) Automated Chute 3) 200 lbs Weight on the rear 4) Lights like DAYLIGHT! 5) Strobe so you can see me pass ya! :party:

Hmmm. Sounds like all creature comforts to me! My blower is higher and will lift higher than yours so I can clear 30 inches of snow! It now has a glass windshield, lighted tachometer, heater run off water pump (I will be cooking at 80 degrees)! Mine also weighs more than yours! Not to mention having three more cylinders, 13 more HP and alot quieter!

Charlie

Suburban 550

Looks like Duke might have some competition, Charlie. B)

Save Old Iron

Looks like we got ourselves a real fine showdown partners

1-gun-slinger-squirrel.jpg

Save Old Iron

Got around 12 inches here not to bad power did not go out and that was a

good thing B)

had some visitor's today some of Chuck's friends (save old Iron) stopped by

for brunch :party:

Thanks for the hospitality Brian.

It looks like the Old Irons of Auburn NY.

They said as soon as they find suitable materials, they will repay your kindness with a little tribute. Be on the lookout ! (it's the thought that counts, right ?)

snowman.jpg

chazm

They said as soon as they find suitable materials, they will repay your kindness with a little tribute. Be on the lookout ! (it's the thought that counts, right ?)

Chuck ... your too much ... not to mention a little squirrely B)

Chaz :party:

rickv1957

Chuck ... your too much ... not to mention a little squirrely B)

Stay on it Chuck! :party:

clintonnut

Beat this DUKE. Maybe I should put a sticker on the side saying Automated snowblower eater!

I have to do a little work to the driveshaft but other than that it is ready to go. It shows it without the glass windshield but that is in the mail and I hope to get it tomorrow. This snowblower will be called JAWS II.

Enjoy!

HPIM3104.jpg

HPIM3103.jpg

HPIM3102.jpg

HPIM3101.jpg

Charlie

wheelhorsec85

Here's some pics: B)

This is my road. Those drifts may not look big but they are higher than me and I am 5'3"!! They did this part with a township tractor around 3pm today. It must have been a big snowblower!

Our driveway:

The tractor: I had to go into town to get a METRIC Hydraulic hose since the old one had the squirts when I was plowing this morning. I bought new plugs for it today also. I like having all of these chinese tractors around now there are metric parts again. It cost me $31 and he made it in house in about 10 minutes. USA!!

Charlie

:party: i have green grass here in hartford ct . but that snow bank is the biggest i have ever seen

wheelhorsec85

Here's some pics: :party:

This is my road. Those drifts may not look big but they are higher than me and I am 5'3"!! They did this part with a township tractor around 3pm today. It must have been a big snowblower!

Our driveway:

The tractor: I had to go into town to get a METRIC Hydraulic hose since the old one had the squirts when I was plowing this morning. I bought new plugs for it today also. I like having all of these chinese tractors around now there are metric parts again. It cost me $31 and he made it in house in about 10 minutes. USA!!

Charlie

looks like you have a little bolens tuffy in the back ground of your d250 pic . i have 2 of those . neet little machines B)

clintonnut

It's actually a 2 wheeled Midland tractor from the fiftys.

Charlie

HorseFixer

Beat this DUKE. Maybe I should put a sticker on the side saying Automated snowblower eater!

I have to do a little work to the driveshaft but other than that it is ready to go. It shows it without the glass windshield but that is in the mail and I hope to get it tomorrow. This snowblower will be called JAWS II.

Enjoy!

Charlie

Ha! Whats that an International Snow Blower? :party: Well Looks Like I Win By Default! Ya can't have a a contest without being 100% Wheel Horse Equipment!

I Win You Loose! B)

TT

Ya can't have a a contest without being 100% Wheel Horse Equipment!

Wouldn't that also disqualify the D-250? B)

clintonnut

You are just jealous...

It is an allied attachment :party:

You are just trying to back up your wimpy tractor by pounding mine BUT YOU KNOW that there better be a spare change of underwear and a toilet nearby when you see this cog start spinning. The cog is 4 SIDED! B)

If I painted it red and put a WH decal on it you would never know. Besides some attachments are made by other manufactures.

Charlie