Sign in to follow this  
perry

simplicity pain reliever

perry

sure was happy to see the UPS guy today :P . the poor guy has been walking our packages down the driveway latley :P .

i knew he was coming today and figered id meet him so i hovered around near the road plowing snow waiting like a kid at christmas :D .

been looking for a hydro lift for my simplicity landlord for awhile now. i posted a add on the simplicity/allis site and one of the members sold me this complete outfit for a fair price. i spoiled myself this winter with the hydro lifts :thumbs: .

but this purchase was on the down low :P . did'nt tell the wife about this one :D:thumbs:

what a great find thou. original mid 60's, complete, great shape, and all hose's attached with no fluid loss.

i here they can be a bugger to prime & bleed.

even has down pressure for front & rear implements :D

simhydro001.jpg

simhydro002.jpg

combatmp29r

Nice score Perry. :thumbs: That ought to make using the simplicity a dream come true now. :thumbs:

TT

Cool, Perry ! :thumbs:

I guess that will make it worth having to pull the whole stinkin' engine out just to put in on. :thumbs::P

I fought for 4 days with a 1980 Simplicity 7116 because the guy at the parts store said a Magnetron coil was a direct bolt-on for the iron Briggs. I had that engine on and off 3 times until I realized that it would not work.

(The push rod and bushing for the points got destroyed when the connecting rod broke -- the Magnetron coil was about $5 more than the parts to fix the points, so I thought "hey... no more points to mess with again", and bought the coil. It turned out that the magnets on the flywheel aren't "phased" correctly for the new style coils. :D )

perry

naw them engines come right out of the old ones in a blink of a eye.

i do hate them briggs coils under the blower housing.

mice and coils dont mix, so i have had to pull the engine on this a few times and on my other one.

to put this hydro on , believe i am going to have to pull the dash / middle section off.

Kelly

Looks like a nice score you got there Perry :thumbs: Looks to be in real nice shape, Now I think I could fit that on one of my horse's :thumbs:

Rollerman

Very cool find Perry...curious..who made te pump for the Simple/AC hyd kit.

Looks differant than the Heim/Warners used by Wheel Horse & others?

Make sure to ad a pick when you get it on there. :thumbs:

Nick

Nice looking parts there Perry. It is kind of different having a float position on both the raise and lower end of the control. Hydraulic lift sure can spoil you after using it for a while.

Nick in Ohio

T-Mo

Nice score Perry. And I agree, hydraulic lift can spoil a person. My C141 has it and I can't imagine working the snow plow without it (maybe that's the reason why I hadn't move the plow onto the 314) :thumbs: .

combatmp29r

Ok guys now you've got me scared about my V18 hydraulic lift install. Makes me think my poor V8 commandos may never get used again. :thumbs: I use a charger V8 to mow, but the commandos does everything else. Course the price of fuel for the twin cylinder may out weight the ease of the Hydraulics :thumbs: :D

pond195520032003

Nice find Perry :D these are getting hard to come by :thumbs: I just sold one on evilbay 3 or 4 weeks ago! only difference was the color orange off a simplicity :thumbs:

kpinnc

Nice find Perry!

When it's all set up, post plenty of pics!

Kevin

Rollerman

Perry how abount an update, have you installed your new goodies on your Simplicity yet?

perry

I just sold one on evilbay 3 or 4 weeks ago! only difference was the color orange off a simplicity :thumbs:

and you did'nt let me know ?. :thumbs: i did'nt see it on ebay.

hopefully this week or weekend ill have some time to mess with it.

pond195520032003

and you did'nt let me know ?. :D i did'nt see it on ebay.

hopefully this week or weekend ill have some time to mess with it.

sorry did not know you were looking for one at the time :thumbs: :thumbs: