Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

85-07 Black Grille Paint

kj4kicks

While repainting the hood on the '95 416, I wondered how shiny the black originally was. This machine was obviously sun faded (pink hood syndrome). Any help or comments are welcome. Thanks!

TT

It's around an 80% gloss, Eldon.

My friend just told me about some aerosol paint they get at TSC that matches this almost identically. (they use it on vehicles in the body shop)

Bad part is, I was up at TSC the other day and forgot to look for it. :thumbs:

I think he said it's Plasti-Kote brand. :thumbs:

OEM # is 361-8 if you want to get it from the Toro dealer.

060c333e.jpg

nylyon

Eldon, come on over and take a look at mine, it isn't faded at all, garage kept since new. Seriously though I can take a picture of the black portion for you. It is more of a satin finish with little gloss to it.

kj4kicks

Thanks guys! I'll take a look at TSC this afternoon. I am familiar with Plasti-Kote paints, good stuff.

Karl, If you want to delete the poll part, ok by me. This could turn into another chapter of "The Great Paint Debate"...

T-Mo

I have no idea, but I thought, "what the heck". I'll just go ahead and vote anyways. I have more of a chance swaying public opinion here and more of a chance my vote counting than this years presidential election. :thumbs:

But, seriously, I'm not sure, but it looks like TT and Karl have the answer. :thumbs:

kpinnc

My paintjobs aren't from the same planet as Eldon's, but I used Rust-O-leum satin black from a rattle can.

Many years after the resto, and it's the only part of my paintjob that hasn't faded, and still has the same "semi-shiny" look to it. Fairly scratch proof too.

Worked for me!

Kevin