Horse Fanatic

Electric lift component photos

Horse Fanatic

This shows the "lift shaft" and the frame bracket to mount the electric lift.

lift1.jpg

lift2.jpg

lift3.jpg

Dresden Guy

Great pics! :party:

B) QUESTION: Are the parts (bracket #1, bracket #2, and the electric lift actuator from WH or did you "fab" the brackets and buy the ELA from an aftermarket? I would like to see the next photos that show any mods needed to hang the brackets and what the installed unit looks like ready to lift and actually attached to the attachment. Not asking much am I, but it really wets my appetite to get this for my C-160. Tell us more.

Thanks

Horse Fanatic

Those are genuine WH parts. I bought a used set up but haven't installed it yet. You have to cut the plate that sits perpendicular to the battery tray facing the motor (the WH aftermarket kit provided one already trimmed) and the kit came with a wider side cover. I didn't get that part so I'm going to modify my own. The rod to the brake drum needs a bend in it too. I'll take pics when I install these.

TT

it really wets my appetite to get this for my C-160

That is not the correct style of electric lift for pre-1978 C series tractors.

The C-160 electric lift actuator would mount behind the lift shaft and was attached (via a bracket) to the rear axle housing.

Horse Fanatic

Right, this is for 300-500 series and the '80's WorkHorse line.

nylyon

I know these came standard in some models, does anyone have a video of one in action? I've always been curious how fast (or slow) these are in comparison to the hydraulics.

TT

I don't have a video, Karl, but I worked on a 417-8 with the electric lift (and had to try it out, of course) and I would guesstimate it at being about 75% of the hydraulic lift speed.

Dresden Guy

A YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8JeWY0TOTs. It seems a bit loud but I'm sure outside of the shop it would be greatly attenuated. Very nice install. I am interested in installing one on my C-160.

boatman

:party: The rock shaft is still available from wheel horse, however

the braket that bolts to frame is no longer avilable from wheeelhorse.

I just bought a electric lift actuator to put on either my c-125 8`spd or

my 414 8 spd. I was able to purchase the rockshaft but not the bracket.

I looked at parts tree and they said no longer available. Guess I may

have to fabricate one. B)

wheel horse 1045

my electric lift was not that loud at all on my raider14

Miles

Say guys, does anyone have a picture or can get a picture of what the electric lift actuator bracket that mounts the acturator to the rear housing might look like. Or perhaps have a tractor with it mounted to it. I tried the toro sight and downloaded the pictures but it's not of decent quality to try and to see what it looks like in order to make one. Any help would be appreciated. I'm working on a C-160

Horse Fanatic

Lift parts installed:

lift1-1.jpg

lift2-1.jpg

works great!

(machine is a 312-A converted to a 312-8)

• Like 1

Deep River Dave

I have a C121 with an electric lift. Yesterday was plowing snow and the blade dropped quick and would not raise, Any ideas on trouble shooting would be appreciated.

thanks

doc724

My guess is that a clevis pin where it attaches to the rock shaft fell out.  Not sure, but I think these linear actuators have a worm gear and as I recall, if you lose electrical power, worm gears don't move.  Just a guess though.  Although I read in another forum post today where someone had a similar problem with a hydro lift and he traced it to a sheared key between the rock shaft and the lift levers.