Sign in to follow this  

first haul of the year

ok,i got this for the 8 speed for the 633. i have looked all over. no numbers or tags. the engine is a briggs horizontal. i believe it to be an 11 hp. the only number i can find is on the engine. #252417 0664-01 83033111. B) it looks like a 312. however, its factory paint is a burgundy color, not red. it has an 8 speed. the rear wheels are stamped 2-82. it has headlights. no decals on the hood, but does have a black stripe where decals should be. im not much on identifiying the mid 70's up. i know pictures would help, but the wife is in the bed. can anyone shed any light? :party:

rickv1957

Maybe a work horse 1100,must have been repainted,Rick

MikesRJ

The 252417 is an 11HP B&S

Can't shed any other light though without a picture of the machine.

You might want to look through the Photo gallery for hints, 312-8' were manufactured from 1985-2001.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showforum=29

i know pictures would help, but the wife is in the bed. can anyone shed any light? :party:

You work on tractors but need the wife to show you how to operate a camera!?!?!?!? B)

mcwh1950

i go to said a 1982 gt 1142 model number A1-114201

Engine-11HP-B&S Model 252417, Type 0664-01

TT

The code number on the engine dates it as being built on March 31, 1983, therefore I would say it's a 1983 GT-1142.

The burgundy paint isn't original as this tractor would have been light pewter. (gray)

84ac4c58.jpg

I would expect it to have a single combination throttle/choke lever and no indicator lights on the dash, correct?

The rear fender will not have the raised lip along the lower rear edge like the 1985 & newer 300/400/500 models.

Iggy68

You work on tractors but need the wife to show you how to operate a camera!?!?!?!?

:party: B)