Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Question about a 3 pt.

whfan74

Have been trying to do some digging around but just can't find the right pages or break downs for my inquiry.

I was curious on if the 3 point set up off of a 18 Auto would be a direct match to a GT 14?

If anyone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated.......if not could you please point me in the right direction?

fireman

I did the same research. It is NOT a direct interchange. Their are a few parts that are the same. The main lower mount is completely different. If you go over to the toro site there is a schematic and parts list for the GT-14. The model number is 85412. Here is a small version:

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1265992446.jpg

Brrly1

Scott, Did you score a GT14? Inquiring minds want to know? A friend over in Indiana (Yes Guys, I do have friends) was like 15 minutes to late on picking up a GT14 for a 150 dollars. Just makes me wonder who might have scored this tractor. Have a Great day See Ya, Bye Burly

B)

whfan74

Fireman.......I looked for that but never found that drawing. Always looking in the wrong places here I guess. Thank you so much for posting that. But now I am bummed. I had someone who wanted the 3 pt. off of my 18 Auto for their GT 14. Oh well.

John,

Nope it wasn't me who picked it up. Just have been selling some stuff. Will be picking up a real nice 401 tomorrow and possibly one more tractor.

Will be great to see a few of the members tomorrow.

baerpath

Don't forget there are two types of 3pts for the GT14. That one and the independent one thats almost a ringer for the 3pt on a C195 and the D's.

Burly do you have a parts number for the independent one ?

Duane

fireman

This is the kit for the GT-14 that makes it hydraulic. Don't know if it changes the parts at except maybe deleting the long bar. Part# 84121

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1266008135.jpg

Brrly1

Fireman, hit it dead on the head, if I remember correctly the arms to the 18 auto and the GT 14 are the same just different thickness's. I will do some checking but pretty much sure they are the same. They will need the mounting brackett for the GT and then the rest off the other pieces to make it complete. part # is correct

8-4121. Fireman for only having your GT for a short time you are learning quick.

See Ya, Bye Burly

B)

rickv1957

The earley D and B) GT14 arm are the same,Rick

fireman

Burly,

Thanks for the compliment. It's only by hours and hours of research and surfing the web for clues to the puzzle :party: . Redsquare, Mywheelhorse.com,Toro and a bunch of other sites that I have found are my Bibles B)

Brrly1

Rick, Are they the same thickness? I think that is the only difference See Ya, Bye

Burly

B)

Brrly1

Rick, you are a 100% correct. From what I have been told when they were actually called a D160 etc; they lower arms became a little bit thicker. early models were the same thickness as the GT. I learn something new everyday Thanks Rick See Ya, Bye Burly

rickv1957

John,the early Ds had a 1/2" arm just like the GT14 and the later Ds had 5/8" arms,Rick B)

whfan74

You guys are awesome! B)

Now I have some more checking to do and will hopefully be able to come up with a reasonable explanation to the gentleman that is inquiring about them.

If you have any more to add to the thread I am all ears. I am getting quite an education! :party: