Sign in to follow this  
Iggy68

Do the Math

Iggy68

I need help from all you that are smarter then me. I know there has to be a way to calculate how many rpms you are turning off the pto to an attachment. I know it is based on pulley size and such. I have an attachment that has a max rpm and I want to make sure I do not send metal pieces throughout the neighborhood. B)

Docwheelhorse

Hi---click on this link and you can input the pulley sizes and input rpms and "play" with the numbers till you get what you want.... Its a very handy tool and I have used it to figure out pulley ratios for my generator.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/pulleybeltcalc.html

Tony

Iggy68

Thanks Tony. I new someone would know where to go without me spending a few hours searching the web/ B)

Coadster32

I flagged that page also. Thanks Tony! B)

Docwheelhorse

No Problem.... glad I could help. What are you running for an attachment?

Tony

Nick

On the off chance you have access and the space to use it there is a shaft tachometer. It has a rubber tip that is held up to the shaft to get a RPM reading on a dial. I still use one that must be 50+ years old, Dad used it to set the combine shaft speed. Anyway they might still be around if that helps.

Ian928

This one should be really easy, just compare diameter on the pulleys! If the driven pulley has half the diameter the diameter of the driver pulley, then it will turn with double the speed and so on.

Iggy68

Well you ask what attachment? I have been watching and reading all the posts about everybody blowing or pushing snow this year kinda made me a bit envious. Notof the snow, but the working. Now that I have the 953 up and running it needs a job. Being in SC we don't get the opportunity to play in the snow too often. I was going to wait until I could post a few pics but I am still gathering a few parts. I do however have a yard that has over 2 inches of leaves on it. I will be building a front mounted leaf blower.