Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

LeSeur swap meet

6wheeler

Hi eveyone, any one going to the swap meet in LeSeur in april? :party: We were thinking of going down friday nite and then to the show on saturday. I need more stuff B) . Pat

Operator

You bet Pat! I was there last year, lots of stuff.

A few guys from work go to plus some from NCWHEC.

Randy

rickv1957

Where is LeSeur? Rick

stevasaurus

Rick...LeSueur, Minn. south eastern part of the state. You thinking about coming up? It is about 20 miles north of Mankato, Minn. This is a good sized show. You can check the show thread and pictures from last year. You would not be disappointed, but it is a show...not a swap meet. B)

rickv1957

Steve,will check the map,would like to attend!,Rick

Operator

Pat and I are talking the swap meet one Steve, that one is in April around the 22nd. About 80 acres of stuff, lots of everything stuff, good stuff,

Then in August there is the show and no swap meet that's cool too! That is when I met Steve!

Randy

stevasaurus

Sorry...you guys are right...the swap meet in April is huge and worth it from what I heard. The tractor show in August is just that...a tractor show, and huge also.

I apologise for any confusion on my part. B)

mnWHfan

I am planning to attend. If you are looking for parts for any type of older tractor, this is the place to go. Lots of stuff.

pumper.atv

been going to both for years, last year was the first time to be a vendor at the swap meet, hope to do it again this year, great way to get rid of some stuff and get some diff stuff

6wheeler

We will forgive you Steve, :party: after all, YOU just survived an earthquake. Sorry , I should have said LeSeur, Mn. I have never been to the swap meet either but, I know the pioneer power show is a good one. I work with a guy that is one of the blacksmiths there. He told me they are trying to get more old construction equipment and old lawn and garden equipment also, along with the old ag stuff. They just keep getting bigger. Anyway, Randy I will talk to you before that. Hopefully, I can meet some of you guys there B) . gotta go , ma's home gotta go do something now :clap: Pat

stevasaurus

:party: Pat...you are on your way to receive full consciousness. B) Looking forward to meeting you and a few more in August. :clap:

Operator

been going to both for years, last year was the first time to be a vendor at the swap meet, hope to do it again this year, great way to get rid of some stuff and get some diff stuff

Pumper your going to have to fly a Wheel Horse flag so we know you, B)

Randy

CasualObserver

I'm planning to go... just to shop at this point... not planning to sell anything.

Pumper.... 6wheeler... where are you guys from? I'm in Kasson, halfway between Owatonna and Roch on 14.

6wheeler

Jason, I know right where you are, I used to haul grain from Kasson and Sargent elevators. I am about 50 or so miles north of you in Farmington. I have family in Rochester and Oronoco. Being that close, I imagine you know where Tilly's is /was on 52? B). Anyway, we will be at the meet in april so we will maybe see you guys down there. Pat

Operator

Mike did you get any good stuff? Details!

Got to get your post count up.

Randy

rydogg

I reserved a hotel room in Le Center Minnesota about 7 or so miles from the show so I will be there for all three days weather permitting, I was just gonna crash out in the truck but the family wanted to go with and its gonna be a little cold to sleep in a tent so I needed a hotel. This will be my first time at a show like this I used to be a classic car guy so I would go to Iola Wisconsin for the 4 day car parts swap meet that was also huge and a lot of walking it took 2 days just to get through the swappers, Le Sueur sounds about the same from the people I have talked to I hope to add some more round hood tractors to my collection.

tbbahner

The wife and I are planning a little trip up to LeSuere in April for the swap. Hope it works out. Was at the show last year with the Ferguson club I'm in. The swap meet sounded like it might be interesting. Will everyone be flying a red flag or something?? Maybe we all need to meet by the beer pavillion .

Tom B

Operator

It's coming guys! Next weekend .

Randy

CasualObserver

I went, found a few goodies. Was mostly perfect weather on Friday... little dry, dusty and windy, but the rain held off until about 5:30. Anyone else manage to make it out?

Operator

I normally have fridays off, but I just went back to work and had to work friday, and had prior plans for sat. I heard there wasn't much Horse stuff though.

Randy

mnWHfan

I was out there on Friday morning. There was a lot of stuff there, but not very much Wheel Horse equipment. I did run into Lowell from the NCWHE club and he was selling some stuff.

Dennis

rydogg

I was there Friday. Didn't see much Wheel Horse stuff but I still managed to fill up the snowmobile trailer and the back of the SUV. I would post pics but I am having trouble with photobucket the upload keeps failing :omg: I will probably go to the fall show and bring my 653.

rydogg

Well I figured out my photobucket so I am able to upload my pictures from LeSeur.

The orange rider that my son is sitting on is a Simplicity 515 I purchased for parts to repair my grandfathers 525 which I inherited when he passed away. Also in the picture is a auto starter that I picked up in St. Peter, this has a 12hp kohler.

misc4-26-10102.jpg

This is a kohler k90 with an unusual pull starter. Its supposed to run but I haven't messed with it yet.

misc4-26-10103.jpg

I also picked up 2 kohler twin motors, the 19hp is complete and supposed to run and the 18hp is in pieces due to scored cylinder walls.

misc4-26-10104.jpg

The Big Mow in the backround was picked up in Mankato on the way to she swap meet. There is also some misc parts on my other trailer, I had to go pick up another horse and some other parts so I cleared off the sled trailer.

misc4-26-10101.jpg

These are the generators for the starting unit, they almost look like starter generators for garden tractors. There is three for different power levels (12,24,36).

misc4-26-10105.jpg

All in all I had a lot of fun at the swap meet I just wish there was more Wheel Horse stuff and less wind :omg: