Sign in to follow this  
d180man

Some thing i dont see every day !

d180man

Hi went to town yesterday before the snow and there was a car stopped on the road and i seen some thing fly away and when we got closer it was a :party: bald eagle :clap: this is the first one i have ever seen ! other than books or tv ! he was still there when we came back i just thought it was cool !! B)

DSCF0296.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

:hbd:

hotrodmerc

B) That's pretty cool

Confused99

Great shot B):party:

Jason

d180man

Thanks i tryed 3 time to get a better photo but could not get a good clear one ! B) i came home and got the video camera and still could not get a good shot will try to pots it !but thanks! :party: :clap:

CasualObserver

Very cool Curtis! I see them more frequently up here around me. They never cease to impress me though. Growing up down in IL, I don't think I ever saw one. The National Eagle Center is in Wabasha (also officially the home of the Grumpy Old Men movies... even though most of the movies were filmed elsewhere) which is only about 50 miles from my house. I remember shortly after moving here, I was coming over a hill in the country, and a huge one took flight off some road kill straight up over the truck... kind of scary to see such an enormous bird when you're not expecting it... the wingspans can be pretty large. They have 3 or 4 eagles inside the center that you can see up close. Neat stuff if you ever get a chance to visit it!

W9JAB

Wow, that is great. And great with gravy stuffing. B)

rickv1957

There are several in my area,even a nest not far!,Rick

Operator

They are a beutiful bird aren't they? And like Jason said theyare huge! We have the Mississippi River bluffs right by my house here and they fly along the top edge of the bluff following the ridge line hunting. And you'll see them on road kill duty too, clean-up. We have a lot of them here but never get tired of seeing them.

B)

Randy

chazm

WAY cool B)

From the look he has on that 1st pic ...

I think he could kick my azz :clap:

Chaz :party:

Sparky

Great pics! I saw my first and only Bald Eagle while boating on the Connecticut river. Awsome to see.

Mike.......

wh500special

Curtis,

Nice pictures!

If you want to see a bunch of them you're not too far from Alton, IL where hundreds of eagles return yearly at the confluence of the Illinois, Missouri, and Mississippi rivers.

Go HERE and click on the eagle watchers guide link for more info.

Steve

dclarke

that is cool curtis, i drove over to the river a few years ago to watch them. well worth the trip.

TT

Cool! :party:

I went to Bald Eagle Area High School in Bald Eagle Valley about 10 miles away from Bald Eagle State Park and 1.5 miles away from where Chief Bald Eagle settled with his tribe. (where Spring Creek and Bald Eagle Creek meet) :clap:

Yeah...... I've seen a few. B)

HorseFixer

Nice pictures Curtis B) thanks for sharing! :party:

zieg72

I see a bunch of them in SE Iowa when I head down to Burlington, IA from the Quad Cities. They are sure handsome birds and glad they are making a comeback. Must be all that global warming??? Just kidding. Thanks for posting the pictures.

KC9KAS

PATOKA LAKE RESORVIOR is about 30 mile NE of me, and they have several pair of Bald Eagles there nesting. I go there about once a year for a maintenance department picnic, and the nests are monstorous too!

Gene_S

Very cool Curtis... Thanks for sharing... B)

d180man

Curtis,

Nice pictures!

If you want to see a bunch of them you're not too far from Alton, IL where hundreds of eagles return yearly at the confluence of the Illinois, Missouri, and Mississippi rivers.

Go HERE and click on the eagle watchers guide link for more info.

Steve

Hi i know i see them talk about the Great River Road from Alton to Grafton and Pere Marquette all the time on the news but just never get over there ! but i have never seen 1 over here i call a man from alton and he said that the bird could be 3 to 5 years old at least! he was happy to here that one was over here ! but he sead they track the nesting birds and count the birds 1 day jan but it was just neet to see him ! i dont know why i could not get a good photo he was just around 50 to 75 feet up a tree! but thanks B) :party:

Greg Parnell

Seeing that powerful symbol immediately brought this to my mind:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

B):party: :clap:

d180man
Seeing that powerful symbol immediately brought this to my mind:

Coadster32

Awesome pic, and I'm sure that the pic does it no justice. B) I have seen only one in my lifetime.

Duff

Great pics! I saw my first and only Bald Eagle while boating on the Connecticut river. Awsome to see.

Mike.......

I'm blessed with living on the Connecticut River just below the tailrace of the Wilder Dam hydro station. With open water all year around and a healthy fish stock, we have one or two here all the time and a nest on an island behind my house. Had one "buzz" me between my house and my workshop one afternoon diving after a squirrel. Now that'll pucker your nether parts! :hbd: Them birds are HUGE!!!! And beautiful! B)

Duff :party: :clap:

6wheeler

Jason and Randy, YOU are both right, they are beautiful. They are huge, We have 2 nesting pairs within 1/2 mile of my house. For a fishing bird, they have seemed to learn to like CHICKEN B) . I let my Chickens run loose so I have to keep an eye out for the Eagles. I like watching them especially when they have young ones. Don't care much for feeding em though.. usually I just put the chickens in when they are around..Oh yeah, they like smaller cats too. Pretty though. Pat

stevasaurus

Great pictures Curtis..I live near the Fox river here in upstate Ill. and I see them following the river once in a while during the migration times Rare, but once in a while. I'll stop whatever I am doing and watch them soar. If you go to Oregon, Ill. on the Rock river, you will see many Golden eagles along the limestone bluffs, and on occasion a Bald eagle also. The Mississippi is the place to go though. Beautiful creatures. B)

d180man

Hi yes you are right the are beautiful birds ! :party: and i would hate to get buzz by one ! :clap: but i can see them liking chicken ! B) we have that trouble with raccoons ! :hbd:B) B)