Sign in to follow this  

Snow storm

rwilson

I have been waiting all winter for some decent plowing snow. Finaly a big storm forcasted and guess what. Still waiting for some snow! B):party: All I want to do is plow some snow and ride my snowmobile one more time this year.

stevasaurus

Hey Burly...you OK? How about the horse? I think I would need a clean change of shorts. B)

Brrly1

Hey Guys , Everything is a Ok, Steve you were correct on the fresh change. Like I said a rude awakening. I am thinking about turn signals and brake lights. I am just glad I wasn't in the relaxing mood where sometimes I might have my foot hanging off to the side. If that would have happened I probably wouldn't be here typing I would have been hanging out in the hospital. Fortunately not, just waiting for the game to start. It should be a great game. See ya, Bye Burly

B)

MikesRJ

Glad to hear you're OK John. Enjoy the game ...

CasualObserver

Glad to hear you OK John... I can't believe she just split! Did you report it? She probably will.... so she can turn it in to her insurance as a hit and run driver accident!

Brrly1

Hello Jason, I don't really know but she jumped in the car and split. It was just kind of a rude awakening. Like where the sam heck did you come from screamin' up the street without a care in the world. Sticking to the backlots thru the ball park, thru church parking lot, I always clean there front side walk and the school front walk they are adjacent to each other and then usually bump out into the street because I don't want to pack the snow down on the other people's walk. I know guys I should clean there walk to but I can't clean eveyone's. Ok enough said I am still alive and Kickin'. Thinking about putting direction signals along with stop light ontop of my head with hand controller wonder if they make those yet. Could be my way to make the first million . Anyways See Ya, Bye Burly

B)

linen beige

Good to here you're alright John. Jason has a very good point about letting the police know about this. It's amazing how many "run" drivers try to report themselves as victims so insurance (read the rest of us that pay premiums) will pay for it. I always enjoyed letting them tell their whole fabricated story :party: before slowly, calmly, point-by-point debunking it with evidence while watching them squirm. Think good impression of "Columbo". B)

She might, I say MIGHT, try to put YOU at fault for not having a slow moving vehicle sign on your machine, but I think her neglegence will outweigh that big time.

stevasaurus

John...this could be duke's next project...know he is looking for something to do. B) How about a hardhat, with LED lights...on a battery pak...maybe even a mars light on top. :party:

Glad you are OK man. :clap:

MikesRJ

More snow's a-coming!

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TUESDAY TO MIDNIGHT EST WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TUESDAY TO MIDNIGHT EST WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

LOW PRESSURE MOVING FROM THE TEXAS GULF COAST TONIGHT WILL HEAD INTO THE OHIO VALLEY TUESDAY. THAT LOW WILL GIVE UP ITS ENERGY TO A COASTAL STORM...WHICH WILL DEVELOP ALONG THE NORTHERN NORTH CAROLINA COAST LATE TUESDAY AND TUESDAY EVENING. BY WEDNESDAY MORNING... THIS NOR/EASTER IS FORECAST TO INTENSIFY STRONGLY JUST SOUTHEAST OF OUR AREA...AND LIKELY BRINGING HEAVY SNOW TO A GOOD PART OF OUR AREA OVERNIGHT TUESDAY INTO THE DAY ON WEDNESDAY.

SOUTHEAST OF INTERSTATE 95 THE SNOW MAY MIX WITH SLEET AND RAIN AT TIMES DURING THE FIRST HALF OF THE DAY ON WEDNESDAY. THIS IS MORE LIKELY CLOSER TO THE COAST. BUT AS COLDER AIR WRAPS AROUND THE STORM EVEN THESE AREAS ARE EXPECTED TO CHANGE BACK TO ALL SNOW.

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 10 TO 18 INCHES WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS OVER THE NORTHERN EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND, NORTHERN DELAWARE AND EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA. HEAVY SNOW SHOULD OCCUR IN TWO BURSTS ACROSS THE REGION. THE FIRST WILL OCCUR TUESDAY NIGHT WITH FOUR TO EIGHT INCHES LIKELY TO ACCUMULATE BY THE MORNING COMMUTE WEDNESDAY. THE SECOND SHOT WILL BE AN EVEN MORE INTENSE BURST OF HEAVY SNOW WITH THE UPPER AIR DISTURBANCE ITSELF THAT SHOULD OCCUR IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA, MARYLAND AND DELAWARE DURING WEDNESDAY MORNING AND NEW JERSEY AND NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA DURING WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW WILL END BY MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

WINDS WILL INCREASE AS WEDNESDAY CONTINUES AND WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW, EVEN MORE THAN WHAT OCCURRED WITH THE WEEKEND SNOW STORM. AT AND NEAR THE ATLANTIC SHORE BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE LATER IN THE DAY ON WEDNESDAY AS WINDS INCREASE.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW AND SLEET ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

hotrodmerc

Yes after 30+ inches we are expecting 6-18 more this Tues. and Wed. B) :party:

MikesRJ

John...this could be duke's next project...know he is looking for something to do. B) How about a hardhat, with LED lights...on a battery pak...maybe even a mars light on top. :party:

Glad you are OK man. :clap:

.. and one of them spinny propeller do-dads ...

d180man

Hi very nice tractor photos and videos ! B) :party:

Dresden Guy

After hearing your incident, I thought I would suggest a couple of safety items that might add a bit of safety when plowing or driving on roadways....as you are out doing some "Good Samaritan" work.

I have bicycled 50,000 miles in the last twenty years and see many of our veteran cyclists using Safety Flags. There are horizontal flags, e.g. - Safety Flag for visibilty on roadways (Horizontal)

or there are vertical flags (most common) Safety Flag for visibilty on roadways (Vertical mount)

These two websites are for pictures only, I am not recommending either one, but for example only. In this day of distracted motorists, let alone snow storms and the like, we can't be too careful. I had a close call three weeks ago when I was turning in a street.

bitten

I use to like snow B)

THINK SPRING