Sign in to follow this  

Snow storm

Suburban 550

I know we're not gettin' as much as alot of you guys are but according to the local weather forecast they are lookin' at a snowstorm starting Tuesday night and ending Thursday morning and said this one is not going to miss us. But then again, when are they ever right? These pics are from 8 o'clock this morning with very light snow falling as of now.

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

Looks like I'll be gettin' a little seat time on the C-121 with the plow when it's all over. B)

:party: WOW. 4'-5' drifts all around the house. Still coming down and blowing at 20+mph. Neighbor across the road can't get out the back of the house & the neighbor up the hill has his driveway covered with 2'+ (banks on both sides and blew shut). Just seen the first PENDOT plow.

Gonna sit tight till this is over. B)

My work called and asked if I can come in. B)

Jim.

rickv1957

Ready for spring!!! :clap:B):party: Rick

Governor declares a state of emergency B) .

Snow and wind are picking up , seen PENDOT plow only 1 time all morning. This is starting to look like the big one of 1993.

Say a prayer for everyone in MD , DEL , NJ. It looks like they have it worse than we do.

stevasaurus

what a great thread to read...you can feel the excitement in all your posts. :party: Crackin' me up. B) :clap:

rmaynard

It's 11:45 AM here in MD and we have 22" on the ground, and drifts up to 3 feet. Plowed about 6" last night, and woke to another 12" this morning. The horse could not get through it. So I got out the Troy-bilt 24" snow blower and opened the drive.

Still coming down at this time. Sorry no vids this time. Here are a couple of stills of the B-100 next to a 3 foot drift.

22568250.jpg

ea3dad59.jpg

Bob

hotrodmerc

Here are a few more pics piling up the snow.

Plowing.jpg

Pushing.jpg

Snowpiles.jpg

I can't wait till spring B)

Suburban 550

A little seat time on the C-121 today, my favorite worker. Looks like it's finally over for us.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Brrly1

Well Guys, I was wrong again. I actually got some seat time. We got about four to five inches last night so I actually had some seat time. I got all of the walks cleared around here and stop by the carryout to grab a couple Mt. Dew's ( diet of course) and then went by the daughter's house to clear the driveway I got that done on my way home and get smoked by a car blazing thru the neighborhood put out my arm to make a crossing and here comes this ( !!!!! ) screamin' down the street and hits my snow blade pushes me forward drags the tractor and me into the car, finally stops. I get off the tractor and ask have you lost your mind. She getts out looks at me, the tractor, and then her car gets back in and splits. Boy Howdy Ya talk about a rude awakening Wow! Anyways Jerry I won't be needin' that truckload of snow. I have got plenty to play with for a couple hours or so. See Ya, Bye Burly

B)

rickv1957

Guys,Nice pictures of your tractors working! B) Rick

chris11

Guys you look good Plowing so please leave the snow there. I cant deal with anymore. B)

rmaynard

So...the snow event is over here in Maryland, and my wife finally decided to venture out with the camera. Here is a short video of me and the old B-100 cleaning up the driveway.

th_2d36a9a7.jpg

Had to clear most of the 24 inches with the walk-behind snow blower. Boo.

Time to sit back and have another cup of coffee. B)

Bob

Suburban 550

Great video, Bob. B) Looks like you really got hammered with snow.

rmaynard

We got about 24" here. I think the official total at BWI airport was closer to 28".

Hammered? I guess you could say that. But it's not the worst that I've seen.

Bob

dclarke

like that c-121 ray, sounds like you're gonna be busy in the days ahead. only got 2 to 3 inches here, really wet & heavy.

mrocket49

OK all you folks from Virginia, DC, Maryland, etc. Let's see some more pictures and videos of the fun your having. I'm jealous!

MikesRJ

THE LATEST SNOWFALL REPORTS FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY, NJ: ROYAL OAK, 29.5"... NATIONAL PARK, 28.5"... STEVENSVILLE, 28.0"... EL DORA, 26.0"... BROOKHAVEN, 26.0"... CLAYMONT, 25.2"... BROOMALL, 25.0"... BEAR, 25.0"... NEWARK, 24.3"... CHESTER SPRINGS, 24.1"... CALN TWP, 23.7"... MILLINGTON, 23.5"... KING OF PRUSSIA, 23.4"... NEW LONDON TWP, 23.0"... DENTON, 23.0"... VILLANOVA, 22.5"... WYNNEWOOD, 22.3"... MILTON, 22.0"... MEDIA, 22.0"... WATERFORD, 22.0"... WEST BRADFORD TWP, 22.0"... ROXBOROUGH, 22.0"... QUINTON, 21.5"... DOVER, 21.5"... ELKTON, 21.0"... CLIFTON HEIGHTS, 20.8"... PITTSGROVE, 20.5"... MANTUA, 20.5"... TRAPPE, 20.2"... SOMERDALE, 20.0"... DELRAN, 20.0"... TILGHMAN ISLAND, 20.0"... NEWTOWN SQUARE, 20.0"... SICKLERVILLE, 20.0"... GALENA, 20.0"... GLASSBORO, UP TO 23.5"... MILLVILLE, UP TO 22.0"... MOUNT LAUREL, UP TO 21.5"... CROSSWICKS, UP TO 13.0"... WILMINGTON, UP TO 25.0"... EGG HARBOR TWP, UP TO 13.0"... PHILADELPHIA, UP TO 28.5"... DREXEL HILL, UP TO 25.5"... PENNSAUKEN, UP TO 25.5"... ESTELL MANOR, UP TO 24.0"... FURLONG, UP TO 12.8"... ATLANTIC CITY, UP TO 16.3"... WEST CALN, UP TO 21.8"... CHERRY HILL, UP TO 27.3"... WESTAMPTON, UP TO 17.0"... HAMMONTON, UP TO 21.0"... BEACHWOOD, UP TO 19.0".

Final tally for my backyard - 22".

hotrodmerc

We got at least 30" here in the Northern Shenandoah Valley. B)

gwgdog66

Have fun Fella's B) The ice here in SW Oklahoma has mostly melted. My brother finally has power restored after 10 days. We have been cutting trees off the house, ally, street, and most importantly the Wheel Horse shed :clap: My stihl needs a new chain :party:

can whlvr

not one drop here in ontario B) :party:

Ken B

Not even a flurry in CT. Nice pics and vids guys.

Confused99

............ and then went by the daughter's house to clear the driveway I got that done on my way home and get smoked by a car blazing thru the neighborhood put out my arm to make a crossing and here comes this ( !!!!! ) screamin' down the street and hits my snow blade pushes me forward drags the tractor and me into the car, finally stops. I get off the tractor and ask have you lost your mind. She getts out looks at me, the tractor, and then her car gets back in and splits. Boy Howdy Ya talk about a rude awakening Wow! Anyways Jerry I won't be needin' that truckload of snow. I have got plenty to play with for a couple hours or so. See Ya, Bye Burly

B)

Wha??? Everything ok?

Jason

bitten

Burly I hope you are OK.

Dont know how much snow we got here. There are spots that I can see grass right next to 4' drifts. The biggest drift we had was a little over 6'. I have close to 9 hrs of seat time and still some more to do. The plow trucks couldnt make it down our road so I had to do that also ( wondering if I will get a break in my township tax ).

Really hoping that this next storm miss's us.

THINK SPRING

rickv1957

Looks like more snow here in Mo starting tonight,shucks!,Rick