Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Linear Actuators -Best source ??

stevebo

Guys,

Trying to figure out this manual lift three point. What is the best source to buy linear actuators (12 volt) ?? I saw some in Northern Tool but where else can I look on line ?? Thanks-

nylyon

Wow, the cost of those will really drive up the cost of the hitch.

stevebo

Karl,

That is exactly why we did not want to go that route B) If we are able to find them at a good price then we may be okay. I figure 5-7 inch stroke with 1000lbs of push pull force but that is subject to change.

truckin88

Steve,

Why does it have to be electric, why not a gas charged shock might be cheaper and simpler, and with a aprt number and source serviceable. This is more for down force, not easy of lifting, but I am sure something could be fabbed to help that.

-Will

stevebo

Wil,

Good thought however we need a push & pull motion. One for raising the attatchment and then holding it in the up position and the other for lowering it and keeping down pressure. Spring assist helps with up pressure which is where we are now however that prohibits the opposite down force. I am pretty sure we will get there. B) Just want to make sure we have a perfect (or near to) design and then test and test again to the point of failure so we know what we have and can feel great about selling them. We would rather wait for a proven product rather than give ourselves a bad name.

Coadster32

Perhaps an "outside the box" thought but I was looking into and electric winch for my plow on the Charger12. If you rig up two of them, and wire them together, one could hold it up, then the other hold it down. I have no idea how this would look, or how you'd be able to retro-fit it, but they are only $50 each on e-bay.

Dresden Guy

Stevbo,

Maybe somewhere in these links you might find an actuator or lift idea. Hope so.

Nook Industries - Linear Motion Products

Duff-Norton Actuators and Electric Cylinders, etc.

and another multi-source listing of jacks and actuators

Multi-Source Industrial Directory of Jacks and actuators

In the vast RS "thinktank" universe, a solution will emerge!

We will stay tuned.

Sarge

I'm planning on looking deeper into the mini-motion cylinders this spring, they really look promising with the compact size and fact that they could handle shock loads better than linear/gear/ball types.

Sarge