Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

2500 registered members.........

rickv1957

Terry the decal guy?,Rick

nylyon

We got 2 winners this time, yes Terry designed the logo for RedSquare. He had originally had our logo as his Avatar, and I asked him if we could use it for our logo. He made another special one just for the occasion.

That'a all the trivia I can think of at the moment. I'll remember more with the next 2500 members!

rmaynard

Hey Rick, looks like you and I are the big winners. That and 50 cents still won't get us a coffee. B)

Bob

rickv1957

Bob,Ill buy!!! :party:B):clap: Rick

Operator

Well ain't that interesting! Thanks for the neat info!

Now how about pre Red Square days? What was that about? The name before and why change? Or am I starting something.

Randy

CasualObserver

Well... technically it's always been Redsquare... like Karl said, it was the template name... we just sort of adopted it.

Here's the early banner.

redsquare.gif

nylyon

Yup, that was the original banner, or the default banner. Technically the original forum name was just whtractor, which is why the address whtractor.15.forumer.com. Now in the VERY early days, there was another "unofficial" name for the forum, but that name was used by only 2 members, and for just a short amount of time.

Operator

More interesting stuff :party:

And here I though it was the red square around the Horse head, B)

Never to old to learn.

Randy

stevasaurus

would have never guessed a template...interesting how things come together.

I knew Terry designed the current logo...but I have no clue about the "nickname the 2 guys used. I'm guessing one of the guys is "Rollerman"?

T-Mo

The two members Karl is referring to is himself and Sparky. I remember when I joined (I'm member number 31) Karl and Mike would talk about it just being the two of them chatting back and forth. Then a few of us joined and interrupted their talk fest. B)

nylyon

T-Mo wins that round. For a long time it seemed as though this forum was only used by Mike and I and we called it the "Mike and Karl" forum. Occassionally we would get someone pop-in, but it was mostly Mike and I talking about the grass growing. Eventually, word got out (due in a large part by T-Mo and his recruiting skills) and we grew. By the time we got around to thinking what we should call this place, the name RedSquare kind of stuck, and we voted it as the official forum name.

Sparky

T-Mo wins that round. For a long time it seemed as though this forum was only used by Mike and I and we called it the "Mike and Karl" forum.

Ahhh, the good 'ol days. Life was easy then wasn't it Karl?

Mike........