Sign in to follow this  
forphase1

Pictures of my 'new' toy C-160 automatic

forphase1

Just bought this off a guy today. :thumbs: Any comments/advice is more than welcome! This is the tractor I referenced in the battery question post.

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

rickv1957

Hello and :banghead: A littleTLC will go a long way! :thumbs: Rick

dgoyette

Congrats on the new WH - got a lot with it too. I would check that filter on the hydro - looks orange - if it is a Fram automotive I would replace it immediately.

MaineDad

Drain all fluids. Replace all fuel lines and filters. Make sure the tow valve can be turned to release the transmission. If it cannot be turned, let some penetrating oil work itself in until it does turn. Looks like you have a lot of work to do, but it will be worth it in the end. Keep us updated...

whfan74

Looks like a good solid worker! :thumbs:

You did well and picked up a lot of nice goodies for that machine! A good pressure wash will do it wonders and you will be suprised. I like the ags on the front! :banghead:

Suburban 550

A little time and effort and it should turn out to be a good tractor. :banghead: Seems like you did good with all the attachments. :thumbs:

bitten

Hello and :thumbs:

Looks like you got a nice project to work with.

Dresden Guy

Congrats on you C-160....and all the extra goodies. I replied to your battery question email in the Yahoo Group before I logged in to RS.

I looked at this actual tractor and regretfully didn't get it because I am a real amateur at restoring, and did't think my skills were aqequate, so I knew someone would get a great package. I really enjoyed talking to the guy selling the tractor and was envious of his mechanical knowledge. The engine sounded really strong. I'm sure you won't be sorry for your find.

Ironically, I found another C-160 (that the fellow who sold to you told me about), just 10 miles from the one you bought, but I didn't get all the goodies you got. I posted a couple of pics two days ago: "C-160 pics" Again...Congrats and keep us posted as your work progresses. I will post my progress, if I make any.

Dresden Guy

Retired Wrencher

Congrats on you C-160....and all the extra goodies. I replied to your battery question email in the Yahoo Group before I logged in to RS.

I looked at this actual tractor and regretfully didn't get it because I am a real amateur at restoring, and did't think my skills were aqequate, so I knew someone would get a great package. I really enjoyed talking to the guy selling the tractor and was envious of his mechanical knowledge. The engine sounded really strong. I'm sure you won't be sorry for your find.

Ironically, I found another C-160 (that the fellow who sold to you told me about), just 10 miles from the one you bought, but I didn't get all the goodies you got. I posted a couple of pics two days ago: "C-160 pics" Again...Congrats and keep us posted as your work progresses. I will post my progress, if I make any.

Dresden Guy

:thumbs::banghead: The C160 is a working mule it has the power plus the weight to do most jobs that u need done. With this in mind if u take your time and look at every nut and bolt and it looks like u need to look at the hoses on the hydro and clean every thing, that way you can see if there are more leaks and it will be easy to see where they are coming from. I just did a C141 in was a pain in the [A...] but took my time and it all work out in the end. you be happy after it all done. good luck and enjoy your labors. T/C Gary B.....