Sign in to follow this  
FrankinWNY

1969 GT14

FrankinWNY

:banghead: There is a 1969 GT14 for sale in WNY for $500. Owner swears motor is original, but it is a Starter Generator system. Runs great, started right up setting under a open sided shed roof. Voltage regulator and solenoid look like mounted correctly and has been that way since the owner bought it approximately 8-10 years ago.

My old dealer near me, Good Interprises, says it could be as WH was noted to put whatever was on the shelf to finish off inventory. Bearpath & I think the gear drive starter models were what was called for on this year tractor. Any opinions?

Tires are all like new, not original and tractor has 3 point hitch and a rear scraper blade that angles and can turn completely around to push also. Paint original, faded but metal is straight, nice seat but not original either. Hydraulics work great, the blade lifted the rear end off the ground.

Whaddya think, a good buy? :thumbs:

Frank in WNY

rustynut

buy it

whfan74

Get in the truck, stop by the bank, and go get that machine! :thumbs:

Cody

It sounds to me like it would be a good buy, the engine does not sound like it is the correct one, because the origional one should have the gear type starter.It sounds like the 3pt works good and the tractor is fairly straight so I would say if it were me i would go for it. The 3pt alone is worth a few hundred.

tgranthamfd

Go get it and remember :thumbs: :banghead:

rickv1957

Sounds like a good buy!,Rick

Brrly1

Frank, sounds like a good one, motor is not original but who cares. I am sure you can straighten that out. Three point 200-250, rear blade 100-150, tractor for 100-200, Good deal, Offer him 400-450,never hurts to try.Good Luck, See Ya, Bye

Burly

:thumbs:

bitten

I would take it if you are'nt going to.

Duff

I hope you're delayed in reading this reply because you are en route to get that machine. I agree with the guys above - BUY IT!!!!

Duff :thumbs:

Don1977

Sound like it's worth $500 to me.

bowtieguy

Frankly speaking Frank, I have a 69 GT-14 w/3 pt and it is all original.....engine is starter driven....sounds like a fair price to me but of course I'd offer him 3 big bills and go from there.

If you buy it and want a rear mount tiller, (only fits the GT-14) I have one that I'd trade ya for your avatar (maybe) :thumbs:

All you have to do is find a cheap way to get it from Missouri to New York City!! (tiller that is)....Frank in MO

leichty

Go get it quick! you can't go wrong for that price. Send pictures too.

IthacaJeff

Frank,

Did you pick up that GT14? I saw it as well, but it is much too far away and I'm looking for

something with a tiller, or a tiller by itself. Speaking of that, there is an ad on your local

Craigslist from a guy with a bunch of stuff, including what he says is a WH tiller. Have you

any knowledge of this tiller? (A longshot, I know).

BTW, the plow you sold me is still goin' strong, and remember fondly that you dropped it

off right at my door!

Jeff in Ithaca

Jesse James

I know the guy who is selling that GT-14.:thumbs: The engine IS wrong it has a K301 in it and has no mule drive or PTO! great little work horse but thats about it! The rear tires were replaced with 235/75-15 truck tires. All around if you are just looking for a small tractor with a 3 point hitch sure but for a restoration well it will need some work!! my two cents!! :banghead:

FrankinWNY

Frank,

Did you pick up that GT14? I saw it as well, but it is much too far away and I'm looking for

something with a tiller, or a tiller by itself. Speaking of that, there is an ad on your local

Craigslist from a guy with a bunch of stuff, including what he says is a WH tiller. Have you

any knowledge of this tiller? (A longshot, I know).

BTW, the plow you sold me is still goin' strong, and remember fondly that you dropped it

off right at my door!

Jeff in Ithaca

I didn't buy it. I offered $400 but he said no, he had other buyers interested. don't know if it sold, still on Craig's list, Buffalo. As far as the tiller, it fits C's 300s, 400s etc..

Frank in WNY

whfan74

Something better will come along for you. It took me a while but I have learned that patience really does pay off on this hobby.

Glad that you were able to walk away and wait for the next one!

rickv1957

Didnt sound to good after all,there will be another!,Rick