Sign in to follow this  
Stress Test Pullin

1962 Cub Cadet Original

Stress Test Pullin

well i thought id post up my non-wheel horse restore i have going right now(one of way to many projects) its a 1962 Cub Cadet Orginial. A fellow my father and I was talking to at a tractor show oftered it to us, so we followed him to his house and found it just sitting under some trees just asking to be takin home with us. I bought it for a little bit of nothing and we once again found ourselves with another project

Heres how it looked when we got it home:

P1040568.jpg

P1040570.jpg

After getting it up to the garage, i began tooling and tearing down:

P1040587.jpg

P1040602.jpg

Stress Test Pullin

I've made alot of progress since these pics and should have current ones up tonight :thumbs:

rmaynard

Can't wait to see how you're doing.

Bob

KyBlue

Looks like it was a decent starting point. I've seen far worse before!

big mike

Not a bad lookin O!

The hard to finds are there.....oil bath,hood ornament,grill ornament,decent looking pan seat.

The deck looks pretty good too.

rickv1957

Looks like a great project!,Rick

Stress Test Pullin

i didnt get a chance to take a pic this evening, hopefully i can get one before school tomorrow

and big mike, that deck is trashed, its rotten on the underside beyond belief, but im hoping to find a decent one in the future

Stress Test Pullin

ok everyone, i got a few pics of it this morning, sorry there not the best quality and never mind the mess lol but its getting there none the less, also look over the tires and wheels, there temporary until i get the original ones completed

P1050791.jpg

P1050792.jpg

P1050793.jpg

P1050794.jpg

P1050795.jpg

pond195520032003

have an oil bath breather and i believe a seat :banghead: :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Those pics are "Right-On'! Very nice!

CasualObserver

Looks like your doing a very nice job. Always fun to see restore projects, no matter what brand. Would like to see more pics as you get it put back together! :thumbs:

Brrly1

Good Lookin' restore, I have to agree with Jason. No matter what make its nice to see a good job done. Keep the Pictures coming. Good Luck. See Ya, Bye Burly

:thumbs:

Stress Test Pullin

thanks everyone for the complements, its turning out pretty good for something we pulled out of the weeds i believe.

And the pictures will keep coming as i made progress :thumbs:

sodbuster

:thumbs: looks like you are are going to have a real nice tractor!! keep the pics coming!!

Stress Test Pullin

ok everyone, not to much done today but i did get the lift mechanism in to where it locks now:

P1050798.jpg

P1050800.jpg

i also got the final clear coat on the main piece of the grill and got primer and first coat of "almond" on the hood after some time of fighting the dent out (previous owner ran it into a tree :thumbs: )

P1050803.jpg

P1050801.jpg

DMK855

Very nice!! Keep the pics coming!! I have a soft spot for Cubs too!! Trying to talk my grandfather out of one of his 16!! :thumbs:

Stress Test Pullin

dang 16, lol and if i chose to rebuild/restore another one it will be the next model, the model 70, then the 71, then the ... :thumbs: it never stops lol

big mike

Well,the deck LOOKED pretty good :thumbs:

Be sure to save all the parts off it......some of that stuff is getting hard to find good used.

I wish I could get down to 16.....between 20 and 25 right now.

Stress Test Pullin

lmao i just noticed your signature big mike, nice, if you have a original, 70 or 71 id like to see those in a some time :banghead: :thumbs:

W9JAB

:thumbs:

nice work can't wait to see it all togather!

JimD

lookin sharp! :thumbs:

Stress Test Pullin

sorry guys, no pictures this evening, but as an update, the front axle is now drying, and will go on tomorrow and the spindles now have primer on them, i also got a couple other small parts in the process of being painted as well

big mike

Your coming along good!

What colors are you using?The "correct" shades of yellow and white or something close?

I have one four digit Original,a later Original and a real early 70.I don't have any pics but they mostly look like your orginal picture....I'm more of a "it runs good,everything works and I'll make it pretty later" kinda guy.

Stress Test Pullin

with its obviously a rattle can job, but i tried the cub cadet yellow and white they sell, but i wasnt pleases at all with the colors, but i did find that plastikote paint and valspar paint matches pretty dang close.

the colors im using from plastikote are:

-school bus yellow

-gloss black

-clear acryilic

-red oxide primer

and from Valspar:

-gloss almond

jimbotelho

Good FindI had one of those years ago and Ill tell you what, they are a very strong machine. I agree with you about the project ahead but im sure it will be worth it :thumbs: