Sign in to follow this  
gzx3sc

Wheel Horse Dump Truck

gzx3sc

I bought a mower deck off a guy and he said he was going to haul the tractor to the dump. Needless to say I loaded it up as well and made a dump truck out of it. Reversing the drive direction was a little tricky but I pulled it off. I used a new Briggs 6.5 HP engine with the 30 deg. piston to keep a low profile under the bed. I mounted the engine directly to the transaxle. I get some strange looks at tractor shows to say the least.

I don't own it anymore. I ran out of room and sold it on e-bay several year back to one of the guys in the comments that said he owned it. One of the later owners must have sold it on e-bay again because I got a good laugh seeing it and showed my wife. She wasn't amused? Forgive my lack of grammar skills, the "get some strange looks" should have been "got some strange looks". I was cleaning up old digital pictures and decided to post so fellow Wheel Horse enthusiast could get a chuckle.

Attached Image

post-3-1263700221.jpg

Stress Test Pullin

thats deff different, looks like a good worker, sweet :thumbs:

rmaynard

Pretty cool.

I just saw a Wheel Horse fork lift on craigslist.

Never know what these creative horse owners are going to do. :thumbs:

Bob

whfan74

That is definitely unique and very resourceful...........nothing better than coming up with something on your own! :thumbs: Glad you saved it from the dump and are having some fun with it!

Jim_M

I owned that for 3 or 4 years, maybe longer, and sold it on eBay a year or 2 ago.

The engine is mounted to a frame above the transaxle and drives the transaxle via a jackshaft so that it still has 3 forward gears instead of 3 reverse gears. The transaxle has been reversed so the the shifter faces towards the seat and the jackshaft was the only way to get the rotation correct.

Don't fill the gas tank all the way up and run it at full throttle. With the gas tank mounted where it is the gas tends to splash out of the vent and right into your face.

Ask me how I know.

Who did you buy it from?

dunk50

Still trying to figure this one out! :banghead: :thumbs:

bell

That looks like a very useful piece! Nice work! :thumbs:

d180man

Hi nice you stoped it from going to the junk ! and got to use it ! :thumbs: :banghead:

dgoyette

Looks very useful Rob. Must be fun to drive and very easy to maneuver around. I actually really like it. I guess there is a little hillbilly in all of us.

rickv1957

Never seen one like that!,Rick

Jim_M

It may not have looked great but it worked great and was really handy to have around.

My needs changed a little so I sold it but have often wished I wouldn't have.

wheel horse 1045

so who made it ,im confused

gzx3sc

Rob in Frankfort during one of my weaker moments. Be careful when you start telling yourself, "All I gotta do ...". :thumbs: