Sign in to follow this  
Polaris2007

Playing in the Maine Snow

Polaris2007

I put a temporary clutch spring on so I could tow the boys around in their sleds. As Mainedad said in an earlier post, we are in the middle of a whopper of a storm up here. I don't have the plow done yet (fitting a Bolens plow onto the C-120), so I'll leave the plowing duties to my brother-in-law's F-250. The new Carlisle AG treads do pretty well in the snow, but I definitely need tire chains. Already have plenty of weight with me in the seat :thumbs: Mainedad, where in maine are you? Augusta here. I'll try to put up a youtube link of my pulling the boys around....stand by.......

Sparky

Standing by...... :thumbs:

Mike.......

Duff

Mainedad, where in maine are you?

He's up in New Gloucester near the last Shaker Village in the country. Just east of Sebago Lake.

Duff :thumbs:

whfan74

Looks to be a ton of fun to me! :thumbs:

At looks as though the kids are having a blast out in the snow........even the kids in the sled! :banghead:

rickv1957

Looks like lots of fun there,Rick

Horse Fanatic

How does it steer in the snow with the ags on the front?

Polaris2007

Although not perfect, it does steer quite a bit better than I expected with the AGs on the front. I have never run a C-series in the snow with turfs up front, so I don't have a good baseline for comparison. I'm just comparing it to other garden tractors that i have run in the snow. I think I might look for a set of wheel weights for the front for when I get the plow rigged up. I have heard that some weight up there helps with steering when plowing with the blade angled.

Retired Wrencher

Although not perfect, it does steer quite a bit better than I expected with the AGs on the front. I have never run a C-series in the snow with turfs up front, so I don't have a good baseline for comparison. I'm just comparing it to other garden tractors that i have run in the snow. I think I might look for a set of wheel weights for the front for when I get the plow rigged up. I have heard that some weight up there helps with steering when plowing with the blade angled.

:thumbs::banghead: HI Polaris I put a set 30lb weights on the front of my C141 with turf`s deep dish wheels, and it keep me straight and does not skid when making a turn with the plow down. Just thought u would like to know.. Gary B..........

MaineDad

Nice video and nice restored C-120! As Duff said, I'm in New Gloucester. I work in Augusta though...

stevasaurus

Polaris...can.t beat fun like that!!! :thumbs:

oldandred

Sure one can sitting in front of the TV watching a football team from up north get beat

I forgot to add with the wood stove going