Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Latest update on Max Nunn

nylyon

For those who are interested, I have copied the latest update dated December 27th from Max's care page. He's going through a lot right now, and hopefully 2010 will be better than 2009 was for him.

Max feels terrible and has all day, he has been running a temp since early mornining. They have taken lab draws for cultures from his broviac but we were not able to access his port, he got all the ativan and morphine he could be given but was still in to much pain and we were not able to hold him still to access him.we are going to check into sedation for when he has to be accessed next as after what he went thru today he will not allow it in the near future. his throat is still slouffing off and his nose is plugged off with constant drainage. he is getting a blood transfusion right now, He is up to 6 IV pumps with one of them being a continuious morphine dose with the option to press the button for extra which we have been doing, He got started on another batch of IV antibiotics for 14 days in case he has a line infection in either his port or broviac line. The BenPhen is helping some with the vomiting but he still has vomited blood and tissue a few times. He is adding a new dimention to the definition of fighter, He still has not ate or drank and cannot tolerate any oral meds. The Docs estimate it will be a week before his bone marrow begins to graft and he will be highly suseptible to infection until then and most likely will improve little until then, we are just trying to keep him comfortable while we wait for his blood counts to come back, Jodies Mom will be coming back down tomorrow to help me care for Max and we will keep two us three here for the next few days. Will update as we learn more.

Sparky

Thanks for the update Karl. That young man is definitely a great fighter.

Mike.........

chazm

Your in our prayers Max - God bless you and your family

Kelly

my wife keeps me updated hope he has a better year and gets a chance to ride his quad all summer.

sodbuster

Max,your in all our thoughts and prayers!! Karl thanks for the update.I had been wondering how Max was doing.!

bitten

I got this today on facebook

Transplant Day +8

Sorry so long for the update. Max has slowly been doing better over the last couple of days. His vomiting has stopped although he still has bouts of diarrhea but the diarrhea is coming less frequent...

rickv1957

Max,hang in there ,you will be well soon!!,Rick

Rollerman

Karl hope you don't mind.

Just read Max's latest update , looks like he's doing better.

Sorry so long for the update. Max has slowly been doing better over the last couple of days. His vomiting has stopped although he still has bouts of diarrhea but the diarrhea is coming less frequent. He is staying awake longer in the day due to reduction of some of the medicine that makes him sleepy. His temps have returned to normal and all cultures have come back negative for any infection. Overall you can tell he is feeling better because now he is barking orders left and right. He wants to eat but can't due to the mouth sores that are still present. I think this frustrates him. The docs seem to think that he may be on the upswing. As soon as his counts start climbing Max will start feeling tons better and the mouth sores will start to heal and he will be able to eat. We are hoping this will be in the next week. Keep your fingers crossed!

We will post more news as we get it. Hope everyone has a Great New Year.

Take care,

Jodie