Sign in to follow this  
DMK855

Moto Mow/ Porter Cable/ Lawnmaster???

DMK855

Just aquired a small tractor that is one of the three listed in the title. Just curious if any of the members here have any info on them. Need to know how to tell the difference between the three. Right now it is painted John Deere colors so I also need to know what color to paint it. May just paint it red to match the rest of the collection!!!! :notworthy:

Thanks in advance!! Will post pics when I get done gathering parts in Pa. and get back to Ga.!!

Lane Ranger

Don't know much about the Moto Mow but here is a good picture I took this summer from the Elnroa, Indiana power show of one.

102_6583.jpg

DMK855

Thanks for the pic Lane Ranger. Mine looks identical except for the hood and engine. Mine has a 7hp Kohler. That one appears to have a Briggs. Like I mentioned, I appreciate any and all info.

DMK855

Finally made it home and snapped some pics..........

30vnebl.jpg

1h5w93.jpg

mscglz.jpg

2igi240.jpg

Crazywheelhorseman

That looks like my Friends Porter Cable. should be red and black.

kajamo240

Pretty sweet hood ornament!

You might want to switch around the back tires tho... Those AG's are going the wrong way. :thumbs:

DMK855

Crazywheelhorseman...... Thanks for the color info!! Anyway you could get me pics??

Kajamo...... The Gold Mack hood ornament will stay. The Porter Cable was once my late fathers. I finally got it and plan on keeping it!!! He loved his Macks!! As for the ags...... I know. I had to explain that when I picked it up!!!!

DMK855

Played with the Porter Cable today in between painting RJ parts. Managed to get the bar out from underneath of it, the snow blower bracket and lift arm off, and switched around the ags. I put the front tires on a couple of weeks ago.

The wheel weights are solid plate steel, 3 inches thick. one is 58 lbs and the other is 59 pounds. They are pretty rough around the edges though.

Here are a few pics.........

2wrpu6x.jpg

345oqxi.jpg

8xisrk.jpg

vxd7b8.jpg

2ew2pz5.jpg

DMK855

Wheel Weights........

zllx5.jpg

o6yb12.jpg

DMK855

I did find some info on the color and verified it today. The frame and engine are supposed to be a dark bluish green and the sheet metal and wheels are to be white. If you look at the pics above, you can see the color on the front axle. The white is under the green on the sheet metal. scraped the paint off of some stickers hoping to find something good.......... Found an old Valvoline racing sticker and the oldest JE Pistons sticker that I have seen!!

rickv1957

Cant say that I ever seen one!! ,Rick

DMK855

Here ya go Rick!!

3136a86.jpg

o7ltl0.jpg

2lb13d0.jpg

Stress Test Pullin

nice little tractor there, should be a fun restore

and btw, aren't those gold mack bulldogs rare?

(just from memory i think the gold dog stands for the mack trucks that had only mack parts, instead of the trucks with the chrome dog that had various part that weren't mack such as the axles, trans, or engine)

any way, enough of that, keep the pics coming! B)

TT

B) , but you brought it up.......

The gold bulldog used to represent the Maxidyne engine/Maxitorque transmission combos. (starting in the 60's)

They're only rare if you have a thin wallet. :party:

Stress Test Pullin

B) that clears things up for me, thanks TT lol

6wheeler

I don't know if I would say that is off topic Terry, look at that hood. If that doesn't have B- model Mack written all over it, I don't know what does :party: . A little more useless info, the gold bulldogs are pretty much only available on the Elite series trucks now B) . But since mack doesn't build good trucks any more, since Renault killed em.. But back on track.. that is one COOL tractor and now I want one...... dang it Pat

854WH

hi i have a friend who has a lawnmaster and he needs a transmision does any body have one for sale.thank you.pm me

Frye Fram1

Don't know much about the Moto Mow but here is a good picture I took this summer from the Elnroa, Indiana power show of one.

102_6583.jpg

my name is Jesse that is my 1965 moto mower "100" i am 14 it is my pride and joy shining it up for Elnora this year thank you for this awsome pic of it.