Sign in to follow this  
fritz

john deere 60

fritz

Hi every one. I got a john deere 60and iknowabsoulutly nothing aboutit.iwaswondering if any one knows of any john deeresights so I can find out what it is worth and all the information on it. I would appreciate all the help I could get on this. Thank you

Devin

fritz

Thank you!!!

rickv1957

You can also check out mytractorforum.com,Rick

T-Mo

Devin,

The site links you got is the place to be for the JDs, including the 60. Mytractorforum won't have the info like wfm will. Here's a quick synopsis of the JD 60 as copied from wfm.

The model 60 was the first lawn tractor introduced by Deere and Company in March of 1966. Until 1966, the 110 lawn and garden tractor was the only unit available from Deere. Sparked by the desire to market to consumers in the urban areas who had less need for the large 110, Deere decided their was enough financial opportunity to enter into the lawn tractor business. The 1966 model 60 came standard with the following features:

* Six horsepower, air cooled, Tecumseh model VH60 cast iron engine

* Three speed, Peerless Transmission with high and low range

* Electric and recoil start

* 1-1/4 gallon fuel tank

* Fiberglass hood just like the model 110.

* High back steel seat with a slide over seat cushion

* Thirty four inch rotary mower deck

The 60 also was designed for safety. The PTO clutch had to be disengaged and the clutch brake had to be completely depressed before the engine could be started. Also, the brakes were designed to work on both of the rear wheels. The seat could be adjusted to accommodate a taller or shorter person. The manual lift lever worked just like the 110s from the left side. The rubber manual lift lever grip was also the same as the 110. The steering assembly was a Peerless automotive design, which allowed for smooth handling of the machine. To change the transmission from high to low range the operator simply removed the thumbscrews from each side of the fender deck and then raised the fender deck out of the way. Once the fender deck was out of the way the operator simply moved the drive belt to the other pulley. This high and low range design was eventually phased out.

The model 60 weighed 461 pounds and had a suggested retail price of $718. This price included the 34-inch rotary mower deck. The 60 was designed for lawn work and not for heavy workouts like the lawn and garden tractors. There were several options, however, that were available for the 60. These options were as follows:

o Forty two inch snow blade

o Thirty two inch snow thrower

o Model 80 dump cart

o Pull behind sprayer

o Pull behind lawn sweeper

o Rear wheel weights

o Tire chains

o Hub Caps

o Hinson winter enclosure

There was approximately 23,500 model 60s produced from 1966 through 1969. The units produced throughout each year were as follows:

Year Serial Number Quantity Produced

1966 1,001 - 8,000 7,000

1967 8,001 - 15,000 7,000

1968 15,001 - 20,000 5,000

1969 20,001 - 25,000 5,000

In 1969 Deere discontinued production of the model 60 and replaced it with the model 70 for the 1970-mowing season.

They were good little lawn tractors with the only drawback the 6 hp Tecumseh engine. But the tractor was heavy duty for a lawn tractor.

dadstractor1

i am new too site have nice jd 60 and 2 70jd like too sell :notworthy: dadstractor mayview mo thanks for looking

fritz

Thank you all for your help. I am going to do more research before i decide what to do with it. it is in great shape except i do not know about the engine. It has 2 engines with it to?? so its bound ot run some how.

Thank you

Devin