Sign in to follow this  
HankB

312-H mule dimensions help

HankB

Hi folks,

Inspired by some of the other blade braces I've seen here, I'm making one for my 312-H. I've cut out the following parts to mount on the front Quick-Tach:

DSC_1346-PP.JPG

I have a couple half inch washers filed to fit the 5/8" shaft (left in the picture) that I intend to weld to the shaft on the inside of the mule.

Unfortunately I forgot to measure this dimension before heading to my son's place where we will do the welding. If anyone cold measure the inside dimension of their front mule Quick-Tach so I can properly position the washers, I would be very grateful. I'm suppose this is the same for any 300, 400 series tractor and probably a lot more than just those.

many thanks,

hank

tugboat

6 1/4 but might alittle tight

rickv1957

That is what I got,a tight 6-1/4",Rick

HankB

Thanks guys for the help. I measured that out on my part and it sure looks right.

Merry Christmas! (We're still celebrating here., :notworthy: )

rickv1957

Just thinking if your washers are going to be on inside of mule,you also have the retainer in there also when closed 5-5/8" inside retainer,Rick

HankB

Just thinking if your washers are going to be on inside of mule,you also have the retainer in there also when closed 5-5/8" inside retainer,Rick

Yes - that's important - thanks!

HankB

Perfect fit at 5 5/8". In fact, it is just enough of an interference fit so as to put a slight drag on rotation of the brace in the Q-T.

Pictures to follow once I get the parts painted. :thumbs:

Well... OK, here's the welded part:

DSC_1364-PP.JPG

Note that while these are not the best looking welds, this is the first project my son welded with his new wire feed welder. He got a CO2/Argon tank for Christmas so he got to try it out on this project. We did some test welds that we broke apart and we're comfortable with the resulting penetration and strength.

rickv1957

Thats great,things go right sometimes :thumbs: Rick

HankB

With 6 inches of snow in Thursday's forecast, I figured it was a good time to get this put on. I wanted to give as much time as possible to allow the paint to harden.

DSC_1372-PP.JPG

The C-clamps are temporary until I can get the frame back to my son's place for welding. That cross piece jams in there pretty tight so I think I'm going to be OK with clamp for the rest of the winter.

Thanks also to the other folks who posted their efforts in this vein and laid the ground work for my design.

-hank

rickv1957

Looks great! :thumbs: ,Rick