Sign in to follow this  
tgranthamfd

Tiller Refreshenup

tgranthamfd

Hi, I bought Stevens tiller from him, (Prater) Decided to kinda keep the thread going. Did not know how to move his starting pics from the old post to this one. Weather was nice here today so I took it to the car wash and tryed the EasyOff trick, and sprayed it with some Rust Reformer from Rustolium.

All washed up.

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

Now spray bombed with Rustoilum Rust Reformer.

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01012.jpg

I think I like this rust reformer stuff. 1 coat, let dry for 24hrs, and it is ready with a paintable surface. I did a few small parts with it on my Suburban restore.

Prater

Looks great, I have to find one for my D180 now.

rickv1957

Terry,looks great!,Rick

Daddy Don

Terry how much oil does the case hold. I have one and I need to change the gear oil out. Thanks Don

gwgdog66

Terry how much oil does the case hold. I have one and I need to change the gear oil out. Thanks Don

Dad,

If little brothers is the one I'm thinking it is, it should be 1 1/2 pints of SAE 90.

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/modules.php?na...=show_doc&id=34

tgranthamfd

Heck, I don't even know what model it is. The parts I have been looking up is for a 77ish 36" tiller, don't recall the numbers and I couldn't find the oil type or quanity for it either, in the links on here, I was probably tired when I was looking. I'll do some more digging around and see what I can find, after I get some rest, they're working me like a dog. Daddy Don, how is the c comming along.

rickv1957

I alway like to use the 85-140 in the rototillers,Rick

tgranthamfd

I alway like to use the 85-140 in the rototillers,Rick

Rick, does the amount of oil sound about right??

Daddy Don

Thanks for the information. It is just like the one Steve sold. I have the clll painted and ready to go back together. I put the engine in the shop today to be checked out and tuned up. It is a 14hp kol. I will get some pictures when it warms up. I have to get it done so I can get the tiller on it and get back to work on the garden. I still have to get new tires for it. I have a set of 8.5 inch rims and wheel weights.

Good luck with the tiller project. It sure looks good. What did you do for your middle belt bracket assy?

gwgdog66

:notworthy: Don, I PM'd you the Tri Rid Tire info.

tgranthamfd

Thanks for the information. It is just like the one Steve sold. I have the clll painted and ready to go back together. I put the engine in the shop today to be checked out and tuned up. It is a 14hp kol. I will get some pictures when it warms up. I have to get it done so I can get the tiller on it and get back to work on the garden. I still have to get new tires for it. I have a set of 8.5 inch rims and wheel weights.

Good luck with the tiller project. It sure looks good. What did you do for your middle belt bracket assy?

Don I bought the mid idler assembly from a member on here, same price as what you had mentioned, probably the same fellow. Oh yeah! this is Stevens old tiller, I snached it up from him.

Daddy Don

He will be sorry he sold it. They are the right size for doing yard and garden work. You have it looking like a new one good luck with it.

tgranthamfd

Had to go in late, to work today so I got to play around a little. Spary bombed the first dust coat on the tiller, but I didn't have the camera :notworthy: , but I am off tomorrow so I will get a picture or 2 up in the afternoon. More than likely a first coat and a second coat shot, man there is a bunch off little nooks and cranys on a tiller, may take several light coats to get everything covered. Thanks for looking.

Olratlr

Looking Real Good. :notworthy:

tgranthamfd

Okay, got up late today, but here is a couple of pictures of first coat and second coats of paint. I might be able to get a third on later tonight. Sorry if some of the pictyres look a little orange, sometimes sun and shade make them look funny, it is actually Regal Red. here we go. Thanks for looking.

First light coat.

DSC01019.jpg

And second coat.

DSC01017.jpg

Got to run get another can of paint, thought 1 would do it but it didn't. :notworthy:

Daddy Don

looking good

tgranthamfd

Well decided to to do a test run on the new deep fryer, so I didn't get the 3rd coat on the tiller. I did, however, get completely miserable on deep fryed chickens, mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls. :notworthy: I'll get somemore pics up tomorrow. Thanks

rickv1957

Looks great Terry,Rick :notworthy:

tgranthamfd

Got the final coat on it, now all I need to do is paint the mounting bracket, put it all back together, and find the lift assist bracket spring and eye bolt for it. Oh, and change the fluid in it. Here it is thanks for looking.

DSC01020.jpg

tgranthamfd

Got the attachment bracket painted today, just need to find the lift assist stuff for it now. Thanks for looking.

1st coat

DSC01025.jpg

2nd cost

DSC01026.jpg

and final coat

DSC01027.jpg

tgranthamfd

Could have gotten the 2nd and 3rd coat backwards on the pics, hard to tell. :notworthy:

Daddy Don

It looks like the one I have and you are right on the model # Looks great :omg:

rickv1957

Tiller is looking great with the new paint!! :omg: Rick