Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

FIRE UP THE SNO-BLOWER KARL!!

Sparky

Looks like we got some snow-a-comin Karl! Sound like it might be deep enough for a sno-blower test for both of us. I still havent really used the 418-A with the blower yet. I'll try to get some pics.

Mike..........

nylyon

Yep, I seen it too! They're calling for 3-5 tomorrow with an additional 1-3 tomorrow evening. I got a new hat so I won't need my sign :imstupid: I'm all set to go, blower is ready! I'll have Brittany take some pictures for everyone too

TT

I'm gonna get all of the portable fans I have and put them out in the yard...... I'll point them all Northeast and turn 'em on HIGH ! :thumbs:

Sparky

Bring it on :thumbs: !! We can handle it.

Mike.........

nylyon

Open up the freezer door and turn on the sprinkler too, we're ready for winter!

perry

glad where not getting it here in MI. i dont have anywhere to push it. all the snow banks are solid rock from the rain / freeze we had. have fun tomarrow you guys. cant wait to see the pics.

combatmp29r

OK guys your delivery system must have malfunctioned. I have 6" on the ground, supposed to get 5 more overnight, 2-3 tomorrow, 1-2 tomorrow night, you get the idea. Good thing I'm feeling better. Seat time is in the future. Too bad the V18 isn't all togethor yet I bet she'd plow a little snow. Oh well the V8 holds her own.

nylyon

This has been a pitiful winter as far as snow is concerned in these parts. Since July of last year, when I picked up the thrower from Mike, I have been itching to use it how it's supposed to be used. So far, there hasn't been enough to give the 416-H and blower a good test. I know Mike's been looking to try out the 418-A with his as well!

BPjunk

Wellllllll,

For some unknown reason we suppossed to get a ice/snow/sleet storm tonight AND ya' would think I'd put the battery in my C-145 snow plow tractor equipt with ICE CHAINS ........ BUT Nooooooooo I found too easy to fall asleep in the den chair while looking at Ebay! :thumbs::D:P:D:thumbs:

Bill in Richmond, VA.

Attached Image

post-3-1203646861.jpg

nylyon

Those fans are working, thanks! We're now supposed to get 4-8" and we already have almost 4 I hope to use that blower today! :thumbs:

TT

Those fans are working, thanks! We're now supposed to get 4-8" and we already have almost 4 I hope to use that blower today! :thumbs:

They don't seem to be working as well as I had planned though....

The snow is up to the edge of the rims on the Explorer, and with 235/75-15's, that would make about 5 inches so far -- and it's still coming down! :P

Schools are closed, so at least my boy is here to lend a hand with snow removal today -- and I don't have to go anywhere either, so it looks like I'll get some seat time too. :thumbs:

Question is, should I ask the Mrs. to run the camera again, or have you guys seen enough? :D

kj4kicks

Question is, should I ask the Mrs. to run the camera again, or have you guys seen enough?

:thumbs: Just how high CAN you pile it ?

TT

The great part about "the layout" here is a small creek on the upper side of the driveway that runs under the township road and comes out on the opposite side, directly across from the end of the driveway. Unless the township truck screws everything up with their plow, I usually don't have a big pile anywhere -- it all goes in the creek! :thumbs:

MaineDad

Careful what you wish for! I have already logged 42 hours of snowblowing this winter. We are supposed to get 3 to 6 inches here today and tonight with two more storms next week predicted. I am sick of snow :thumbs:

nylyon

We got about 6 on the ground now. I needed to run out to get some birthday cake for my wife and cleared the driveway with the blower. It probably wasn't deep enough for the blower yet, I had to blow at almost full speed. Got done in no time. Brittany took some pictures I'll be posting a little later. Still coming down at a good clip, hope to get in some more seat time before it's all done!

MaineDad

Karl,

Yesterday was my wife's B-Day. Boy you are in the same boat as me each year, a birthday one week from Valentine's Day. Too much pressure in a week's span to keep the wife happy :thumbs:

nylyon

I even have our Anniversary in January, what was I thinking :thumbs:

T-Mo

I can't say I would envy anyone who's getting hit with snow, but it sure beats sleet and freezing rain. The highway department in their infinite wisdom plow the highway in front on my house yesterday, but then nothing. They didn't get down to the ice and there's about 1/2 inch to a inch of ice under the sleet and that's what is left now for a road surface. Not good to drive on.

I'm afraid if I move the plow over to the 314 all I would be doing is plowing the more tractionable sleet and leave the ice under it.

TT

It's over.....

A relatively uneventful (and pictureless :thumbs: ) hour of pushing about 4 inches of light and "grainy" snow across the yard and into the creek.

I have a little more cleaning up to do, but it started raining too much for me to stay out there and finish. (and supper was ready too! :thumbs: )

nylyon

Here are some of the pictures which Brittany took. She's 8 years old and I wouldn't let her get too close to the running snow blower...

IM000022.jpg

IM000005-1.jpg

snow2.jpg

There really wasn't enough for the blower to throw, so I had to go fast to keep the auger full of snow. This year, the plow has been better at snow removal, but I love using the 416-H with the blower on it.

TT

Nice HAT, Karl! :thumbs:

And :D pictures too!

The thrower looks to be doing the job, even though it's not "fully loaded".

Maybe you could try pushing the snow all into one windrow with the blade, and then make one pass with the thrower to get rid of it? :thumbs: :P

nylyon

Yep, my wife made me (knitted it) that hat after last time not wearing one! It kept snowing and the next time I went out, I used the plow and it was heavy. I pushed it to the sides, then ran the blower down the sides to throw it off to the sides.

Kelly

Karl, That's a sharp looking tractor, My work tractors all look a little dull faded.

I broke a gear on my blower, I have two parts blowers, but I've just been using the plow tractor. I put the parts blowers out of the way, now I can't get to them very good.

nylyon

Thanks Kelly, I try to keep it as nice as I can. It's lead a pampered life of just mowing and being parked in a warm dry shed. This is the first year for winter duty, and will probably be the last once the C-120 gets done.

Sparky

Well you did better with the pics than I did Karl, couldnt get anyone outside to click a picture. Had to take these from the seat myself.

Mike.......

Snow-blower002.jpg

Snow-blower003.jpg