Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Bad Crash

kj4kicks

Didn't want to hijack a different thread, but this falls under "don't loan your car out".

This was my car, but I wasn't in it when this happened. Two people in the front, and they both lived to see another day. The friend that I loaned it to was in the passenger seat, and in ICU for 28 days.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-12-1203570563.jpg

kpinnc

:thumbs:

I'm amazed the passenger lived!

I'm also surprised the driver survived- post crash of course! :thumbs:

Seriously though, I'm glad they made it OK. Sorry about the loss of your car!

Kevin

Greg B.

Eldon,

What amazes me is that you let either of them live. That was a nice ride.

Greg B.

T-Mo

That looked like a bad one. I'm glad everyones okay now, though I'm sure the friendship was strained for a while. :thumbs:

nylyon

I am so sorry to hear that but seeing the condition of the car, I am glad your friends will be okay.

pond195520032003

Eldon, im sorry for your loss :D , was that a GS :P glad your friends made it through the crash. but will they make it through the aftermath :P:thumbs::P my brothers and a couple friends did a similar thing! :D driving a 69 chevelle convertable(well thats what it was when they were done with it) :D had been drinking and going too fast and lost control and spun out and slid backwards under a semi trailer at 60mph :thumbs: and chopped the top right off :D:D luckily they all ducted down :D

CasualObserver

:thumbs: wow... glad you weren't in there! But ok... I'll ask... what did they hit? You said they were ok... was there another vehicle involved?

MaineDad

Too bad. That's a sweet car. Glad everyone is OK too.

kj4kicks

Thanks guys. That was several years ago. They hit a tree at about 60, and the tree didn't move. It did pick the back of the car up, and swing it 90 degrees. The grille emblem was ejected about 50' away. Starter went through the side of the block. Snapped the trans bellhousing off at the block. Pulled the spot welds out of the driver's side rocker panel. When I wanted to jack it up, I had to put the jack under the steering box, that's how far everything was twisted to the right (about a foot or so).

It was a '69 Buick GS Stage 1, with a '70 455 Stage 1 engine (all stock), and ran 13.40 1/4 mile times. Turn the a/c on for the ride back the return road....

Yep, those were the days....

combatmp29r

Eldon I am so sorry for your loss. To see an GM of that caliber suffer so badly pulls at my heart strings. Why couldn't they have borrowed a ford instead :thumbs:

Glad to here all escaped though. ICU for 28 days does suck.