Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

kohler 10 hp exhaust

can whlvr

well the top blew off of my 10 hp kohler muffler,i should say its a c 101 8 speed 1978 k241 i went to the dealer and she told me to sit down,take some heart pills and here it comes,375 bucks,i said you are crazy please check again and she said that she was correct.has any one out there modified a cub cadet muffler and put the wheel horse pipe on it ,mine is good,it is the can that rotted away,i can get a brand new cub exhaust for 50 $ and maybe that to weld it at the muffler shop,i dont have a mig or tig only an arc which i cant weld thin metal all that well,any input would be appreciated,thanks

pfrederi

If you want to save money....some 1" pipe fittings and a $9.00 pepper pot muffler from Lowe's, TSC etc...

stevebo

If you are not in a hurry you will see one pop up on ebay or on a parts machine. Good luck

Kelly

Heck for half the new price I'll pull one off my tractors

rickv1957

Yes,them new muffers are very high!!,Rick

can whlvr

this tractor is going to get a complete tear down and redo so i was hopping to keep somewhat stock,i have a pepper style on my 414 and it wont look right on the c 101,i think i can fab up the one i talked about previously.

rmaynard

Muffler prices are crazy for what they are. But I think your muffler is like mine. I have a B-100 8 speed, 10HP Kohler.

Go to eBay and check this listing, CLICK HERE, and I think you will find your muffler for $99.00 plus shipping.

jdog_kustoms

napa sells a factory lookin replacement for for $57 and change it looks like the one on mine 310 the magnum motor but go look in there outdoor power equipment book they have a lot of differant stuff

can whlvr

thanks guys good info,i will see if napa in canada will get me a muffler.